Are you jealous?

A/N Again the disclaimer. I do not know personally anyone mentioned. This is purely a fiction exercise. Also because English is not my native language you may have to excuse some mistakes I may write. That being said I hope you enjoy it. :)

So, the day of your birthday, which is also the New Year's Eve, has arrived. You are already used to celebrate both things at the same time.

After being reunited with Grant again the day before and clarifying a misunderstanding, you spent the rest of the day together and the night. In the morning Grant left with Jett to his place. You would only meet later again at the party. Lots of your friends are going to be there and also Grant and some of his friends. The fact that Joan and Doug are dating each other gave you the perfect excuse for his.

The party will be held at your friend Sophie's place, by the beach. You spend the day helping your friends getting everything ready and finally people start to arrive.

"Hey, looking gorgeous, uh? He has good taste." Nate teases you, referring to your dress, the dress Grant offered you for Christmas.

"Yeah, he has, that's why he's with me." You tease back.

Nate shakes his head laughing and then lowers his voice, "So, tell me, how will you and Grant manage to stay away from each other all night? I mean, it's your birthday and New Year's Eve..."

You sigh. "I honestly have no idea. Well, we already celebrated my birthday together this morning... Tonight maybe I'll hide with him in the bathroom come midnight. So I can kiss him like crazy. Heheh." You chuckle.

"Right. Hope you two manage somehow. After all, you're now officially his girlfriend!" Nate teases you laughing.

You roll your eyes with a smile and you two join your friends.

"So, when's your Doug arriving?" Sophie asks in a teasing way to Joan.

"I hope soon or there will be blood!" She giggles.

"Hahah! And he'll be bringing his friends... Grant too, right?" Sophie makes a cheeky smile.

Joan nods. "Yeah... Speak of the devil... They're here."

You all look at Grant, Doug and a couple more friends arriving. They all come in your direction. You and Grant look at each other briefly trying to disguise the best you can your feelings. Doug kisses Joan first while Grant is already in front of you.

"Happy Birthday, dear publicist." He smiles, giving you a friendly hug.

You chuckle. "Thank you, dear client."

Nate stares at you and Grant amused and then all the others greet you with Happy Birthday wishes and gifts.

"So, how are you all?" Grant asks smiling.

"Good." You smile back.

"Yeah, we are. And you? Ready for the party?" Sophie asks all giggly.

"Totally." Grant glances at you quickly.

"Good, so shall I get you a drink?" Sophie touches his arm.

You take a deep breath trying to control yourself. After all, your friend doesn't know you and Grant are together. For all she and everyone else know, except Doug and Nate, of course, Grant is single.

Grant quickly steps away from her and smiles, trying to be polite. "No, not just yet... Thanks."

"Are you sure?" She insists.

"Yeah." Grant looks nervously at you.

You decide to speak. "I know what he wants. Here." You hand Grant your almost full glass.