She didn't fire you, did she?

A/N Again the disclaimer. I do not know personally anyone mentioned. This is purely a fiction exercise. Also because English is not my native language you may have to excuse some mistakes I may write. That being said I hope you enjoy it. :)

Stella has just asked you if you have any idea of you might have sent her the email with pictures of you and Grant.

You can't really think of anyone. "I have no idea."

"Someone doesn't like you very much... And it doesn't surprise me, successful people like you will always make others jealous. Anyway, it must be someone who knows you well, at least someone who knows that you have a secret relationship with Grant which is going to cause you trouble at work... It's pretty specific..."

You agree with Stella but you refuse to accept it's any of your friends. "They'd never do that. Such a mean thing..."

Stella sighs. "People can be really evil sometimes. Well, I'm deleting this. Unless... you want me to find out who this is?"

"What?"

"I don't know, I can reply to this weird email address saying I need more proof or something. Ambush this person. If you want to know who it is. I know I would. I mean, if it's anyone I considered my friend..."

"Oh dear..." You feel tempted by Stella's offer. More than angry you're curious to know who had all this trouble to frame you. "Would you do it?"

Stella smiles. "I can try. I would love to nail this bitch too."

You giggle at her slang words. "You're definitely the best boss I've ever had."

"Well, you're the best employee I have now, so we're even." She winks at you. "And honestly, you and Grant, uh? I guess I wasn't wrong when I said you should give him a chance when you first met him... He's adorable, right?"

"He is... More than that, actually..."

"Hahah! I believe you. Well, in the meantime, I need to call someone..." Stella picks her mobile phone and dials a number. "It's the agent for that actor everyone is raving about right now. I'm trying to get him to convince the said actor that our agency is the best for him. By the way... funny, he has the same last name you have... You don't happen to be family, no?" She jokes as she says your father's name. She's doesn't seem to expect you to really answer that.

You make a stupid smile wondering if you should tell her or not. When you're about to say he really is your father, she starts talking on the phone.

"Hi! Happy New Year to you too! Yeah, you know why I'm calling... Oh come on, tell me you have at least talked to him... You know we're the best agency around... Right... Who? Yeah, sure, she does..." Stella looks at you with a smile. "And yeah she's brilliant, you've heard correctly. So, are you saying that we have a deal if I assign that specific publicist? Yeah? Perfect. She's here with me, let me ask her." Stella keeps smiling at you and puts the call on hold.

You shake your head almost in disbelief. Has your father really interfered in your work? You feel like killing him.

Stella grins. "You have realized what he wants, right? We have the client if you are his publicist. What do you say?"

You roll your eyes. "I think you need to know something before... The man you're talking to is my father. I always asked him not to ask for any favors for me. I'm sorry, I have no idea why he said that..."

Stella laughs. "Oh my god! Of course, how come I have never realized it? And why haven't you told me before? Or him, for that matter? Oh well, I don't mind at all. He's right, you're good and if that's what it takes for us to have this new contract... You won't work with your father, you know that. I just called him instead of the actor's manager because I know your father better and I know he has more influence..."