Chapter 25

Normal POV

Flashback

Ellie smirked devilishly as she heard the King of Curses growl in pain. Who would have thought a girl like her could outsmart the greatest Sukuna, who had overpowered and nearly killed all the Jujutsu sorcerers he encountered?
The overwhelming power she was enjoying filled her with pride and satisfaction as the last and most powerful descendant of her clan. She had never experienced actual combat like this, where she was the only one who could save others and herself.
But her enjoyment didn't last long. She underestimated the opponent she was fighting. In the moments of her small victory, she failed to notice that Sukuna had disappeared from her sight and was about to grip the back of her neck and smash her to the ground. This was his domain, after all; Sukuna controlled even the smallest factor there. Ellie fought back, trying to activate her Jujutsu, but she was too late. The King of Curses' black flames emerged from his fingertips.
His intentions weren't just to kill her and reincarnate her as his wife, but to torment her until her death, hearing her screams and moans that would satisfy his monstrous ears.
Sukuna pointed his fingers at her bare shoulders, touching each part slowly and softly with the flames that could burn a planet to crisps in seconds.
But Ellie's body was not like any mere human's. She was someone who emitted the aura of a demon. She groaned and howled in pain. The King of Curses' fingers penetrated her skin, creating holes in various places.
She never imagined those brief moments of joy would lead to such consequences. But why not? After all, she had undervalued the most powerful curse ever to exist in the universe.
Now she had to escape his grip and kill this curse by any means, as she was instructed. Plus, someone was waiting for her on the other side of the domain.
Although that blue-eyed man was strong enough to fight anyone, the situation didn't seem to favor his mental state.
Ellie tried to laugh a bit while enduring the pain. That distracted the King of Curses for a few milliseconds. If the person you're tormenting and enjoying their screams suddenly starts to laugh, it can distract anyone in their current state. And that was the opening Ellie was looking for. It didn't take even half a millisecond for her to replace her body with the mud clones she had made earlier.
She was finally out of his overwhelming grip and stood behind the King of Curses, trying to attack him with the basic combat skills Maki taught her.
She was told these skills would rarely be required while fighting a curse, but sometimes situations change, and she wouldn't know which of her education might come in handy at those moments.
Now here she was, fighting the most dreadful fight of her life, which was probably the last one. By last, I mean it was either her victory and peace for the world or her death, making it truly her last fight.
She was about to deliver a powerful punch when her hands were firmly caught by the pink-haired man in front of her. "What are you even fighting for, queen? The weak man you supposedly love is probably dead by now on the other side of the domain, killed by my minions. The only option left for you is to die here and reincarnate as a curse and become my queen forever! We both will rule the world," Sukuna laughed his most evil laugh at his concluding sentence.
But his words struck Ellie hard. She knew Satoru was strong, but 'love' was something that could even make the strongest kneel down.
And for now, Satoru wasn't in the state to fight back. But what hit her hard was:
'What if something really happened to him?'
She could feel her rage rising within her as her hands escaped Sukuna's grasp without her consent and choked his neck hard while the other hand instantly went to his forehead to initiate her most powerful curse separation Jujutsu. She knew this Jujutsu would backfire; her veins and arms were burning and tearing from the immense amount of energy flowing through her hands to the man's forehead.
Sukuna's legs were frozen to the ground during this process, and the only thing he could move was his hands.
"If I'm going to die, I'm taking you with me!" The curse mumbled faintly while screeching in pain from the separation. Ellie was essentially burning each of the fingers inside Yuji's body that he had swallowed.
Sukuna tried his best to pull her hand from his forehead while using one of his hands to choke her as well.
It was the final two fingers that were left to be burned. Both living souls groaned in pain as the King of Curses made his final move before his exorcism. He released his grip on Ellie's neck and pierced it completely through her stomach.
Ellie spat out a huge amount of blood while finally burning the last two fingers and killing the curse completely.
But she had no time to check her wounds. Her trembling legs held Itadori's fainting figure as she walked out of the collapsing domain.