11. together (towards the same dream)

AN: I'm alive!

So just to clarify: currently in El Dorado are Kirino, Ichino, Aoyama, Akane, Hamano, Minamisawa, and Midori. The adults involved (currently) are Otonashi, Fudou, and Megane. More to be added in later chapters!

-

11. together (towards the same dream)

Tsurugi's one of them now, and everything differs from how Kirino remembers it to be

Tsurugi's one of them now, and everything differs from how Kirino remembers it to be. There's something great about the way they assimilate now, much better than they did before.

And it's fine like that.

Fifth Sector retaliates, but it's no big deal.

-

-

-

"You see, Kyousuke, my legs may be stuck right now, but I'll have you know I still have my hands. You know what I can do with just my hands? Tenma-kun, can I borrow that soccer ball?"

"Meep! I mean," Tenma swallows nervously, "uhm." An abrupt bow. "I'm sorry! We shouldn't play soccer in the hospital room, so no!"

For some reason, when Tsurugi finally had to confront his brother and inevitably get scolded, Tsurugi picked Tenma to be the buffer between the anger.

(Maybe he hoped that the sheer precious energy from Tenma might be able to quell the demon's anger, but it has failed.)

Tenma was completely stiff, and Tsurugi was the most terrified Kirino had ever seen him. He was actually attached to Tenma's back, gripping the sides and trying to hide behind the smaller figure to no avail.

"It's fine, I just want to launch it like a baseball at my brother's head. I used to play handball, so don't worry. I'll aim well so if it ricochets, it won't hit the vase or window."

"Yuuichi-san, you're terrifying! Please!"

Kirino watched them from the doorway as Tsurugi Yuuichi gave them the scariest smile the world had to offer, which didn't reach his eyes at all, and casually swung out innocent-sounding threats at his younger brother.

Now that he thought about it... wasn't Yuuichi's Keshin the Demon Warrior Pendragon? How did no one question that until now? That name comes from Arthur Pendragon, so he's basically a mega Tenma, isn't he?