Chapter Twenty

I have my box of warm cookies, while Iris and Kristy are carrying the bags for the guards. We walk outside and are immediately met by them.

I told Iris that she should probably offer them the sandwiches, since they were not wanting to even accept a handshake from me. Both of their eyes light up at the offer, and I'm glad Iris slipped in some leftover pound cake that hadn't sold that day.

We say our good nights, and I turn to the guards. Sam's face has a far away look, and I'm guessing he's letting Titus know that we are on our way.

We begin walking toward the pack house in silence, which allows my thoughts to roam. Where am I staying tonight? In Titus' room? I'm not sure I'm ready for all of that. Then, I think about sleeping in my room and my stomach drops. There's no way I can go in that room again. It's the last place I was with Kiara.

I think about calling Kristy to ask if I can stay over, but I know that wouldn't go down well with Kristy. Or Titus. Or Iris. Or my wolf.

Okay. Open mind, Sarah. Open mind.

As we get closer to the pack house, I decide to just ask. "So where am I going right now, exactly?"

Paul answers. "To the Alpha's suite."

Suite? I guess that makes sense. Alphas undoubtably would have larger, fancier accommodations than a single omega, who works in the pack kitchens. Maybe that means there will be a really comfortable couch I can crash on.

Couch? Pshh. Absolutely not.

I don't respond to my wolf, because honestly, I just have no idea how this will go. I really am going to try to have an open mind, but the closer we get, the more nervous I become. Oh, I'm just walking into the Ice Moon Pack's Alpha's suite with a box of cookies. What the heck am I even doing?

No. You're walking into you and your mate's suite, with a gift for your mate. Relax. He wants to see us.

"How do you know?"

Well, do you want to see him?

"I don't know. I'm too nervous to feel anything else."

"The Alpha should return shortly," Paul informs me, as we reach the door to his

OUR

suite.

"Thank you." I tell them both with a quick smile, as I open the door and slip inside, a little more at ease, knowing that he isn't here yet.

Wow. I look around. This suite is probably three times the size of my room, and not hospital-y at all. I can smell Titus' scent, but it's maybe an hour old. In front of me is a good sized lounge area, with masculine brown leather couches and complete with a flatscreen TV mounted to the wall. There's a beautiful stone fireplace, with a fire already going. On the other side of the room is a small, modern kitchen with island and barstools, and a dining table that can seat six. I set the cookies and my purse on the dining table, and walk toward an open door, already knowing where it will lead.

The bedroom. I gulp. In the middle is a huge bed - a King? California King? I have no idea. It's covered in the puffiest, softest looking ivory duvet. There's also two nightstands, a chest of drawers, a small desk and chair, and two doors that I assume lead to a bathroom and closet.

I'm surprised when I smell my scent already present in the room. I follow it to the chest of drawers, and open one. Underwear. Wow. I feel a blush creeping up my cheeks as I wonder who moved them.

There's also a box on top, with my toiletries inside. I guess that answers where I'm staying tonight.

You already knew that answer. I wasn't going to let you stay anywhere else. My wolf says assuredly.