Chapter Twenty-Six

I wake up warm and relaxed. As I fade in and out of consciousness, I realize I'm weighted down. I crack one of my eyes open, and see that Titus is basically pinning me to the bed. He has one of his giant legs tangled with both of mine. One arm is still over my middle, holding onto my hip. His head is nestled into my neck, right by his mark and I can feel his breath tickling my skin. The window is still dark, so I take a deep breath and let Titus' scent lull me back into sleep.

I wake again to the smell of breakfast foods. The light is low, behind my eyelids, so I know it must be early. I open my eyes and the first thing I notice is I'm alone in the bed. I sit up, as a pout forms on my face.

"Good morning, beautiful." Titus says, leaning on the doorframe. My wolf absolutely swoons at his words, and I can't lie, I'm pretty charmed by them too.

He put his sweatpants back on, but is still shirtless and I take a moment to enjoy the view. I find myself thanking the moon goddess that I get to wake up to this adonis every morning.

Since I don't reply back, he adds, "Breakfast is ready."

Breakfast is ready? Does that mean he made breakfast? Goddess, that's so hot. I only wish I could have watched him prepare it. What is it about men doing domestic things that's so sexy?

I'm about to get out of bed, when I realize I'm wearing the crotchless panties.

I bite my lip and say, "I'll be right there."

Titus looks at me questioningly, then the most devilish smirk grows on his face, and it's so sexy.

He folds his arms, then steps far enough into the room to lean his back against the wall. He's not going to give me the private moment I want, so I can grab a pair of pants.

The message is loud and clear: I'm here for the show.

I cock my eyebrow. It's a challenge. I'm amused and provoked at the same time. And turned on. Goddess, this cockiness looks good on him.

I can feel my wolf's excitement at the challenge. She already knows exactly how this is going to go.

Looks like he's throwing down the gauntlet, love. What are you going to do?

"Pick that shit up."

Without another moment of hesitation, I flip the covers off of me, move my legs over the side of the bed and slowly stand up. I make sure my eyes never leave his.

He may be Alpha, but I'm Luna now and he will learn that he's met his match.

I turn slowly to face him, revealing my lack of propriety. I'm rewarded with his face and entire body going totally slack. I imagine one part of him that's probably the opposite of slack right now, but my eyes are trained on his. He was probably expecting sexy panties - but not this sexy.

I fiddle with one of the thin straps, while taking two slow steps directly toward him. His eyes are pure hunger, looking directly at my exposed body part.

It's a huge boost to my ego. I have to be honest - I feel a little power drunk, but I'm loving it. As I go to take a third step, I do a sharp 90 degree turn toward the dresser.

I bend over to open the bottom drawer, leaning down way farther than I need to. He is getting two eyes full of all of me.

I shuffle through the clothes and decide to grab a soft pair of leisure shorts. I hear his teeth grinding behind me, and a huge smile is on my face, where he can't see.

I slowly slide the shorts up my legs and over my backside. I put an innocent look on my face, as I turn around, walking toward the doorway. As I come up beside him, I give him my sweetest smile and chirpily say, "All ready for breakfast!"