━ 𝘧𝘪𝘷𝘦

o5. 𝔇𝔢𝔞𝔡𝔭𝔬𝔬𝔩 | ❝ CAMPING ❞

BY THE TIME THEY REACHED BEACON HILLS, Sarah had regained her strength again

BY THE TIME THEY REACHED BEACON HILLS, Sarah had regained her strength again. She still looked like shit - her face still caked in dry sweat and dirt, her clothes covered in grime and dried blood - and a shower was something she desperately craved.

But first, finding out what happened to Derek was her first priority.

When they had gotten to la iglesia, and she had seen Derek had somehow been returned to the age of 17, all of the memories from high school that she had been surprising for years came rushing back to her. Her paranoid brain even attacked her, keeping her head on a swivel as if she was waiting for Paige to come around a corner and take him back.

The entire drive back to Beacon Hills was one long nightmare. She had to sit in the back of the Jeep with her unconscious, newly 17 year old, boyfriend - whose head rested on her shoulder. She felt like it was somehow wrong - because he was currently a teenager and she was still 24.

Alaric had taken Kira and Malia in his Range Rover after they got Derek back and said he would take the two girls home before meeting Stiles, Scott, and Sarah at the vet clinic.

When Scott pulled up to the vet clinic, Alaric and Lydia pulled up right behind them in the Rover.

Alaric barely shut off the car in the back parking lot before he jumped out of his vehicle into the rain and ran for the Jeep at the same time that Stiles and Scott jumped out.

Sarah almost cringed away from teenage Derek, using the palms of her hands to push him toward Scott and Alaric so they could haul him out of the backseat.

When Derek was out of the Jeep, she pushed herself forward, falling out of Jeep in a huff. Scott and Alaric were supporting Derek's still unconscious form. Lydia yanked open the back door to the building and they ran inside, out of the cold rain.

Inside, Deaton swiped his arm along the top of the exam table, clearing it of all the junk that was on it. He reached out to assist the two boys, and Alaric swung Derek's arm off his shoulders. As Deaton and Scott laid him on the table, Alaric bent down and grabbed Derek's legs, heaving him up.

The blanket fell away from Derek's face, glistening from the rain under the big examination light in the room. Deaton let out a breath of surprise, the four teenagers and Sarah huddled around the table in front of him.

"Wow," Deaton let out.

"Wow?" Stiles repeated. "Wow as in, 'I've seen this before and I know exactly what to do', kind of wow? Cause that's the kind of wow we were hoping for."

Deaton braced his hands on the table and looked over to Stiles, the look in his dark brown eyes telling Sarah that Deaton was way over his head with their situation. "I think you might be overestimating my abilities," Deaton then stated to Stiles, confirming Sarah's fear.