━ 𝘦𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵

o8. 𝔇𝔢𝔞𝔡𝔭𝔬𝔬𝔩 | ❝ Family Murdering Axe Murderer ❞

 𝔇𝔢𝔞𝔡𝔭𝔬𝔬𝔩 | ❝ Family Murdering Axe Murderer ❞

CLIMBING THE STAIRS TO THE LOFT MADE SARAH QUEASY. All week, since returning from Mexico, she'd been feeling on and off sick and queasy. She'd fully healed from the Calaveras' torture, but something else felt off.

Derek knew all about her torture by now, and hated that he hadn't been there to help her — save her. Not that there was much he could do, being buried in an Aztec temple and getting aged backwards. But, it didn't stop him from hating himself for it happening to her.

Sarah finally made it to the penthouse loft as a dark skinned woman walked out of it, Peter Hale walking behind her to grab the steel door. 

Sarah recognized the woman as the mercenary — Braeden — who led them through the Mexican desert to the Aztec church in the first place. She furrowed her brows, curious as to why Braeden was there, but the woman didn't give Sarah a single glance as she walked past.

She stepped into the loft just as Peter pushed the door shut. He turned to Derek, who's back was toward them as he leaned against the table in the middle of the loft. 

"Are you insane?" Peter turned to Derek. "Tell him he's insane."

Sarah raised an eyebrow. "Insane about what?"

"We didn't have a choice," Derek stated simply. "We spent a week looking for her and came up with nothing."

Ah, so this was about Kate. Did Derek and Peter hire Braeden to take over their search?

"If we don't find out who told Kate about the vault, we don't get those bonds back," Peter told Derek, stalking toward his nephew angrily. "What do you think I'm gonna do then, huh? Get a job? My resume is slightly out of date."

Sarah could understand where Peter was coming from, why he was so angry. That money was his, the bonds stolen from the vault. It was old Hale money that belonged to Peter. 

So, essentially, now he was broke.

"We got robbed, Derek. Robbed!" He reached out to grab Derek's shoulder but Derek spun around. He grabbed ahold of his uncle's wrist and roared, with fangs and glowing eyes.

Sarah's eyes widened when she noticed the strange glow of Derek's eyes, her purse falling to the floor from her shoulder.

They were yellow.

"Oh, that's a new look for you," Peter bemused, taken aback by the sight just as Sarah was. Derek yanked his arm back, breathing harshly in anger.

"What happened to your eyes?" Sarah asked, shoving herself between Derek and Peter to touch Derek's face, her thumbs rubbing the skin under his eyes as he looked away from her.

"I don't know," he told her. He looked back at Peter standing behind Sarah and added, "But I'm willing to pay to find out."

Derek stormed away from Peter and Sarah, but Sarah followed him. "Why didn't you tell me before?" Sarah asked Derek. "Kate did this, didn't she? When she turned you into a teenager?"