━ 𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯

19. 𝔇𝔢𝔞𝔡𝔭𝔬𝔬𝔩 | ❝ PSATs or Smallpox? ❞

ALARIC STOOD IN THE LINE with the rest of his friends

ALARIC STOOD IN THE LINE with the rest of his friends. He leaned against the lockers between Malia and Scott, watching Kira look around the rest of the students. "Where's Lydia?" she asked.

"She took it her freshman year," Stiles answered. 

Not only was Lydia not taking the test, but neither were the three Valkyrie girls. They didn't need to take the test and they hadn't been enrolled at school long enough to have been able to sign up for PSATs. Instead, he wanted them to stay with Lydia.

After they found out about Meredith's death, he'd been even more worried and stressed about Lydia's safety.

So, instead of stressing out about his girlfriend, Alaric tried to get himself into gear so he could focus on this test. PSATs were important if he wanted to go to college. And he did want to go to college.

"Does that mean I could have taken it some other time?" Malia asked.

"Malia, you studied harder for this than any of us," Scott assured her. 

Alaric was sure that he'd studied just as hard as the were-coyote girl, but he didn't say anything. He was too afraid he would throw up from nerves. He'd been studying day in and day out with Lydia. Every waking moment they had between fighting assassins and trying to save the supernatural community of Beacon Hills and helping his mother train his sister.

He'd barely gotten any sleep in the last month or so, but if he could get a high enough score on the PSATs, it would be worth it. He knew he probably wouldn't end up going Ivy League, but if he could just get into a decent college, he'd be set.

He just needed a good score.

"Doesn't mean I'm gonna do good," Malia reminded them.

Alaric bit the inside of his cheek and Stiles beat him to the punch, seeing as how Stiles had been the one to help Malia study for the PSATs. "Well..."

Malia looked at him. "Well, what?"

Alaric tilted his head slightly as Stiles corrected quietly, "It's do well, not good." 

Malia threw her hands up in frustration. "God!"

"Okay, okay."

"You're doing this, because while we're trying not to die, we still need to live," Scott reminded her. "If I survive high school, I'd like to go to college. A good college."

"It's only three hours," Kira spoke up. "We can survive three hours."

Scott turned to Stiles. "How's Sarah doing?"

The atmosphere of the group changed with a single question. Everyone had heard about what happened to Stiles' sister the very night prior. Alaric knew since he was the one who brought Stiles' vampire boyfriend and a couple of deputies to Derek's loft.