━ 𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘭𝘷𝘦

12. 𝔇𝔢𝔞𝔡𝔭𝔬𝔬𝔩 | ❝ Benefactor ❞

ALARIC STOOD IN THE BACK OF THE SHERIFF'S OFFICE, close to the exit with his arms crossed over his body

ALARIC STOOD IN THE BACK OF THE SHERIFF'S OFFICE, close to the exit with his arms crossed over his body. He was clad in his gear, his holster strapped around his waist and thigh. He had his sword sheathed away and his quiver strapped on his back. His bow was glamoured away with easy access.

He wanted to be ready for anything. Even if they were standing in the Sheriff's office in the middle of the police station.

"So, the Walcott's were the first," Stiles was telling his dad. "At least the first that we know about. Four murders. Sean, his brother, and their parents. They were killed by a professional assassin called The Mute. Weapon of choice: a military tomahawk. But then The Mute was killed by Peter Hale after he tried to blow up Derek and Sarah with a Claymore mine." Stiles flinched. Alaric remembered when Stiles found out about that Claymore incident at the school. He wasn't too happy about the fact that his sister nearly died. She wasn't on the first part of the list...but that didn't mean she wasn't on the thing at all. "Next was Demarco. He delivered a keg to the party at Lydia's lake house. And got decapitated outside his car. And then last night, 23 year old Carrie Hudson."

"It's a dead pool. A hit list of supernatural creatures." Scott pulled out the folded piece of paper they made copies of and he unfolded it, putting it on the desk in front of Sheriff Stilinski and the vampire, Blake. "This is only part of it. The rest still has to be decoded."

"Who found this list?" Blake asked them.

"Lydia," Stiles answered Blake before glancing off to his side at the quiet nephilim in the corner. Stiles knew Alaric was linked to Lydia, keeping in touch with their bond so he knew if she was in trouble or not.

"How?" the Sheriff asked.

"She wrote it. Actually she transcribed it. Without realizing it," Stiles responded, looking back at his dad.

"Banshee?"

"Banshee."

"Beautiful." The Sheriff sighed. "Alright, what are these numbers next to the names?"

Stiles held out his finger like hold on. "We're getting to that. First, you need to know that the code was broken with a cipher key."

"Wait. You mean, like a...like a key word?" Blake questioned.

Stiles shook his head at the vampire. "It was actually a name."

"Allison."

Alaric's heart squeezed in his chest. He remembered the look on Lydia's face as she typed in Allison's name in the box, watching as that one name showed 12 more names. 12 names with bounties on their heads.