𝐭𝐰𝐨| 𝐨𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟒𝐭𝐡

OCTOBER 24th

OCTOBER 24th

⭒❃.:▹  ◃:.❃⭒

With a contented sigh, KIRA shut down her Macbook and closed it gently, putting the Apple item back into its case, leaving it on the desk of the hotel room for the time being.

Today was October 24th, and today was the day that Kira had grown up to have very mixed feelings about considering the fact that in 2010 that was the time that her parents split publicly. Sure, at the time an eleven year old noticed things weren't going well at home but when JAKE and DIANE finally annouced that they were separating, (not divorcing), it really turned Kira's world upside down.

The press and public had never seemed so interested in something so hurtful before at least in Kira's life, well wait. (no, that's wrong because the press and public were saddened by her godfather's death in 2005) But eleven year old Kira could never understand why people she never knew were so quick to point fingers at both of her parents. As far as she knew nobody but her saw and heard the arguments at home and it was kind of scary.

Of course, both Jake and Diane had told Kira the story about how young they were when Kira was born, especially since Kira's existence was right at the time of her Jake's big break in October Sky. Kira's birth was also nine months to a year after her mother's anniversary as Miss USA in 1998.

The pair got married in 2004 when Kira was five, just a year before Jake's movie Brokeback Mountain was to come out.

And Jake and Diane never failed to tell their daughter about how happy her birth made them too. At least they had always tried to protect Kira from their biggest fears. But it didn't last long. For six years they were happy. For six years everything was fine.

Back then, the realization of just how young her parents had been when they had to grow up to raise her was just beginning to dawn on the eleven year old. Kira had started to notice that the arguments that her parents had usually revolved around money or time management, things that at eleven years old, Kira was getting good at keeping track of on her own.

Kira remembered her mother accusing her father for staying out late and drinking with his costars for various upcoming films without telling her beforehand.

She also remembered her father accusing her mother of flirting openly with her costars as well. Or the many times when Kira would be one of the last kids picked up from the after school care program because either parent forgot to pick her up from school.

But then, having to have had the entire world know about your parents splitting up and it possibly ending up in a divorce was a million times worse, because then other people knew how Kira felt inside and she didn't need other people to know. It wasn't their business, this was between her mom and her dad and maybe her too, right?