Chapter 3.2

As I sat at my desk filing out reports on the computer, I heard a loud thud come from beside me. Realization of the sound slowly hit me as I jumped to my feet and rushed to Noel's side.

Lightly lifting his head from his desk, his eyes were closed, his yellowish-brown skin was now a burning red and covered in sweat, and his breathing was heavy and shallow.

His eyes attempted to flutter open as tears fell and he gasped for air, "V. I don't. Feel good." He muttered between breaths.

I pushed his hair out of his face and felt his forehead with the back of my hand, "I can see that." My hand felt as if I just touched a burning stove. I frantically looked around for help only to see that everyone left early for lunch. "Uh, okay, I'll be right back." I lightly put his head back onto his desk and ran toward the front desk.

"Pam! Pam!" I screamed as I got closer to her desk in the hallway but she wasn't there. I continued running, passing her desk, and toward the janitor's closet.

Once I reached the door, I began banging on the door rapidly, "Meek! Meek! Are you in there?" After there was no response, I jigged the handle to find that it was unlocked so I swung it open. He's not here either?

I searched around the closet to find a stack of towels on the back shelf and a small bucket in the corner. Grabbing both, I quickly ran toward the bathrooms and passed Noel, hearing him groan loudly.

I slammed the door to the bathroom open and rushed to the sink where I filled the bucket with cold water. Once the bucket was done, I placed the towel under the running water and rang it out once it was soaked. I quickly turned off the water and began walking as fast as I could toward Noel, making sure not to spill any water.

I placed the bucket and towel on the desk, grabbed my jacket off of my chair, folded it and placed it on the ground behind his desk. I then slowly pulled his chair away from the desk, catching his head as it slid off the side, and placed my shoulder to his stomach, wrapping my arms around his body and slowly lifting him off of the chair. I cautiously stood up and angled myself before lightly placing his body on the ground.

Kneeling by his side, I could hear that his breathing had become much harsher than it was before. I grabbed the bucket and towel, placing the bucket beside me as I folded the towel.

He faintly tugged on my sleeve, grabbing my attention, "V. I wanna go home." He cried, tears falling from his face once again.

I wiped his face with the towel before dunking it into the bucket, "I know, I know. I'll try to see if I can get some help so we can get you to my car."

"No. No. I want to go to my real home."

After ringing out the towel and re-folding it, I placed it onto his forehead. His face that was once filled with pain slightly relaxed as if he was melting into the towel.

What is he talking about "real home"?

I pulled out my phone and called DJ, hoping he would pick up. After a few rings, it was obvious that he wasn't going to answer. I should've known better than to call him during lunch. He's the head chef, of course he wouldn't answer.

I attempted to call Meek but there was no answer. I tried calling Dontae but there was still no answer. I even tried calling Pam, Becca, and Fred knowing that they couldn't even help me lift him. Where is everyone?