Chapter 11

ThomasPOV

 They were at it again. Colton and Joey were planning a congrats party for Angie and Anthony at Miks and Anthony’s condo. It’s a little overdue but better late than never. We we’re just so happy that they are finally together now. Those two guys just get overexcited.

 “Put the drinks here.” Colton moved the bottles to the counter behind him.

 “This has to be good. It’s our bros big day.” Smiled Joey

 “What is he, five? He’s not a toddler being congratulated on going potty by himself you prick.” Miks shook her head. Eric chuckled, shushing her. 

 “They’re just having fun babe.” 

 “Well don’t let them overdo it. You know how Angie is.” The other guys nodded, waving her off.

 “Yeah that’ll be memorable; they might actually make her die of embarrassment.” I quipped. Miks snorted, giving Eric a look when he gave her a reproving tap on the hip.

 “Relax babe it’ll be fine.” Just as Miks shrugged, Anthony brought in a livid Angie. Angry tears ran down her face. I know that look.

 “What happened?” I went to her, she looked at me.

 “Check Twitter yourself.” She said through her teeth. We all looked at eachother and simultaneously pulled out our phones.

 “@itsmrsladaopeasant: FYI peasants, Anthony is only dating what’s her face, Angie because he feels sorry for her! #hesmine #bitch 

 We all froze as the tweet sank in. Of course the silence didn’t last.

 “That’s it, that is it! I have had enough!” shouted Miks, “That little bitch has gone too far!”

 “I can’t believe a fan would say that.” Anthony shook his head as his cousin continued to rant. This has been going on for a while, but in the beginning we figured that she was harmless. Then there was the constant bombarding of tweets, IG direct messages, and Facebook requests.  Every mode of social media we all had was fair game to be attacked. The one who got the worst of it was Angie. This girl called her names, even asked if she was for real or just for publicity. She found Miks at work, followed Colton and Joey at the gym, and even said that Angie was cheating on Anthony with me. Then the ultimate insult, she said that Anthony was only dating Angie out of pity. We were horrified. Miks was beside herself.

 “Babe relax, it’s going to be okay.”  Eric followed her as she paced the living room.

 “No it is not okay Eric! That little bitch is going to pay!” she yelled, going to the downstairs closet and pulled out a rifle.

 “Whoa! Babe! Put the gun down!”  Eric put his hands up, his eyes on her. I sighed; of course it would come to this. 

 “Holy shit!” Colton and Joey jumped back.

 “Is she crazy??” Asked Joey, moving to stand behind the couch. Anthony shook his head.

 “She’s Texan.”

 “How is that different,” Angie pointed at me. “From exhibit  A?” Miks chuckled, sitting down, starting to clean and oil up the weapon.

 “I’m from south east Texas.” 

 “So that means you’re twice the crazy. Oh my God I can’t right now.” Miks smirked at Angie.

 “Oh bless your heart honey, you have no idea.” 

 “I’m from northern Texas; we’re a little more modern.

 “Shut your mouth Thomas, I’ll beat the mess outta you.” Miks mumbled, gripping her rifle.

 “Babe? Why don’t we put the gun down? Calm down?” Eric wheedled. Miks shot him a look.

 “She needs to be taught a lesson.”  She went silent for a moment. The guys and I looked at eachother, not too sure how to react.

 “Is she usually like this?” Angie asked.

 “Yup. The angrier she gets, the more of her Texas shows. She’s definitely got the Texan attitude.” Said Anthony. 

 “Uh oh…” Colton brought our attention back to Miks. “She’s grinning…” Well that’s not good.

 “It’s starting to scare me… Make her stop.” Said Joey, edging farther away from her.

 “Babe? Want to tell us what you’re thinking of?” Eric pulled Miks to his side by her waist.

 “It’s a brilliant plan.” She said absently.

 “Tell us!” said Angie excitedly.

 “First we need to call my brother.”

 Later…

 “Yeah Danny, try to get here ASAP. It's an emergency. You saw? When? Okay cool see you soon." Miks hung up and looked at Anthony. "Tony, Danny will be here tomorrow so get a set of clothes ready." 

 "Alright perfect. I'll tweet her." 

 "Is this really going to work?" Asked Angie anxiously. Looking from Miks to Anthony. 

 "Don't worry Ange; we know what we are doing. We’ve done this tons of times when we were kids.” I shook my head. Typical.

 “I still want to know how this is supposed to work. This is insane.” Eric chuckled, pulling Miks back to him. She smiled, accepting a kiss on the cheek.

 “We did this a lot growing up. You see, Me, Tony and my brother Danny are about the same age.  Since family resemblance is strong in my family, we obviously look alike, but these two look enough like eachother to get mistaken for one another. They used to prank everyone at school by switching places.” Anthony nodded.

 “So that’s why we came up with this plan to teach her a lesson. I’ll tweet her to go on a double date with Eric and Miks. Just before the movie starts, when the lights go out, I’ll tell her that I need the bathroom and that I’ll be right back. I’ll go to Angie and Danny will come back in my place.”

 “Then during the movie, Danny will get all flirty. Tease her and otherwise keep her believing that she’s on a date with Tony. Then when the lights turn back on…” Miks continued.

 “I’ll walk by with Angie, and we’ll have the priceless look on her face to remember forever.” Anthony grinned, nodding with his cousin.

 “I’ll take the picture.” Said Colton, high-fiving Joey.

 “I’ll take the video.” Miks looked at Angie.

“Any questions?”