Chapter 5

MiksPOV

After the boat fiasco, none of us were too keen on going back into the water again. I guess the fact that we almost capsized and lost Colton made us wary of getting on a boat, or go near open water in general.

"Eric, we need to get Angie and Tony together." I looked over at him from the other side of the couch. He looked up from his phone. 

"Hm?"

"Angie and Tony, help me get them together. They make a cute couple." Eric smiled a little.

"We always go out to eat, why don't we bring them with us." I nodded thoughtfully, smiling too.

"That sounds good, less pressure." he chuckled and said.

"When do you want to do this?"

"I dunno, call Tony." I lay back down on the couch and yawned. "Speaking of which, I'm hungry. Where do you want to eat today?"  

"Where do you want to go?" I shrugged.

"Oh my God..." Eric started to laugh.

"Help me choose..." I shook his arm.

"What do you want to eat?" I thought about it.

"Pizza?"

"Only if you want to."

"Do you?"

"I don't mind." I narrowed my eyes a little.

"Then let's go." I tugged his wrist.

"Ugh..." Eric wrinkled his nose, but got up to follow me. 

"So dramatic." I rolled my eyes and smiled at him, he grinned back as he drove us to grab some food.

I like hanging out with Eric. I don't know how we ended up always hanging and going out to eat, it just sort of happened. I don't say much when we're out like this, but he can talk for hours. I love listening to him talk. Just watching him talk about what he's telling me at that particular moment with so much excitement makes me smile. My favorite part of when we hang out is when we sing to his music in the car. The songs he loves to listen to over and over. Some songs I know the words to, others I've never heard before. Either way I'm always entertained  when I'm with him. The way he sings along without a care is what I love seeing. The jokes he cracks are sometimes confusing but I laugh anyway to see him smile. I know he likes me. That part is obvious. I like him too, but I'm hesitant. I haven't been in a relationship in so long. He's sweet, so sweet. He's been hurt badly before. His hatred for her in his voice. What if he thinks that I'll be like that too? That's why I don't try to make it known I like him. Tony is not fooled, but he promised that he wouldn't tell.

"What's on your mind?" Eric suddenly asked, startling me out of my thoughts.

"Hm?" I looked at him. He set his pizza slice down.

"That's a really intense look on your face. What's on your mind?" I smiled softly and shook my head.

"Nothing too crazy."

"Mmmhmmm..." he answered, clearly not believing me for a second, I shook my head again.

"You know Angie likes Tony, that part is obvious. We'll need Thomas' help on getting them together." I smiled, Eric nodded back quietly. "What's the matter? Both of them won't admit that they like the other one." I sighed. A funny look crossed his face.

"Well you know I like you." I smiled a little and nodded.

"Yes, what's your point?" Eric looked away for a second, then back to me.