Chapter 9 - Vishwaas

Sai then arrived

Preeti: Sai tu theek hai? (She asked relieved to see her)

(Sai are you ok?)

Preeti: Hum pareshaan hogaye the

(We were worried)

Sai: Pareshaan kyu?

(Worried why?)

Sonam: Vo Rohit ne bataya ki kya hua tha kal raat

(Rohit told us what happened last night)

Rohit: Haan, kaha the tum. Kya kiya tha usne tumhare saath?

(Yes, where were you? What did he do with you?)

Sai: Kya kiya tha matlab? Aur kiske baare mein baat kar rahe ho? (She asked confused)

(What did he do meaning? And who are you talking about?)

Rohit: Vo IPS officer.

Sai: Virat sir?

Sai: Virat sir mere saath kya...kiya matlab? Usne to mera khayal rakha jab main vo halat mein the. (She said happily)

(What did Virat sir do to me...meaning? He took care of me when I was in that condition.)

Rohit: Agar khayal rakha to kal raat tum hostel kyu nahi paunchi?

(If he took care of you then why didn't you reach the hostel last night?)

Sai: Main aisi halat mein thi ki vo mujhe akela chodna nahi chahte the to vo mujhe apne ghar lekar gaya tha (She explained)

(I was in such a condition that he did not want to leave me alone, so he took me to his house.)

Rohit: Uske ghar? Matlab vo tumhare saath raat bitaya

(His house? Meaning he spent the night with you)

The implications of his words angered Sai, but she reminded herself that no one knew about the kind of relationship she and Virat shared.

Sai: Tum aisa kyu bol raha hai? (Sai asked trying to hide her anger)

Rohit: Main vahi bol raha hun jo sach hai

(I'm just saying what's true)

Sai: Virat sir mujhe apne ghar lekar gaya tha, mera khayaal rakne ke liye. (She said in a serious tone)

(Virat sir took me to his house to take care of me.)

Rohit: Aur tujhe pura yakeen hai ki usne bas vahi kiya? Matlab tum aise halat mein the, tumhe sab kuch yaad bhi hai ya nahi?

(And you're pretty sure he did just that? Meaning you were in such a condition, do you even remember everything or not?)

Sai: Mujhe kuch bhi yaad nahi hai. Actually humne restaurant kab chodda ye bhi yaad nahi hai mujhe. Lekin Virat sir ne mujhe bataya ki kya kya hua tha aur- (Sai said getting angrier)

(I don't remember anything. Actually I don't even remember when we left the restaurant. But Virat sir told me what happened and-)

Rohit: Aur tumne uske har baat ko sach maan liya

(And you took everything he said to be true)

Sai: Haan. (She said confidently)

(Yes)

Rohit: Itna vishwas hai unpar? (He asked trying to hide his jealousy)