Chapter 31 : Eventful morning

⁂

| Taehyung

I pull over in the hospital parking lot and exit my car. It's 10am, Yeona's mom must've returned to the hospital.

I register for a visit and walk towards Yuri's room. There hasn't been much progress, but we still have hope. That's all that matters.

When getting closer to the door, I see Felix stretching and yawning in the corridor.

That guy must really love Yuri...

"Hey buddy." I pat his shoulder and a small smile appears on his tired face. "You should go get some rest." I tell him worried he'll die of exhaustion.

He shrugs.

"I think I'll go have a shower and come back, yeah." He sighs and I nod letting him walk past me and leave. My eyes wonder at the small window and I see her.

Yeona is sitting on the chair, her head resting on her arms, sleeping. She still hasn't gone home? I gently open the door walk in. She's holding onto her sister's hand, her lips are slightly parted.

I can't help but smile. She looks really cute when she's sleeping.

I lean over and after gently removing the hair falling over her forehead, I press my lips against her warm skin.

She sighs as I do so, her hands tightening over the small hand of her sister. She seems tired, and I'm guessing she didn't sleep much last night.

The whole corridor is quiet, even though it's 10am, and after one glance at my sleeping girlfriend I go to the coffee machine in the corridor and get her one.

She's going to need it.

"Baby?" I whisper and her eyes slowly flutter open. One of her hands rubs her eyes. Her glance meets mine and a sleepy smile is drawn on her lips.

"Hey," she replies groggily before glancing back at the laying figure in the hospital bed. "Hey you too." She whispers and with my hands on her shoulder, I give them a small massage, causing her to close her eyes and melt into it.

"Thank you." She breathes softly before standing up and bringing me into a hug.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't surprised by the gesture. The feeling of her arms sneaking underneath my coat and joining in my back...

I rest my chin on her head, savouring the moment as much as I can. Her breathing slowly becomes heavier and she doesn't let go.

I frown as the grip of her arms loosens and she leans against me a little more heavily. I look down and repress the laugh threatening to wake her up.

"I can't believe you just fell asleep." I whisper, bringing my arms around her waist and sitting in the chair, I sit her on my lap to rest against my chest.