Chapter 50 : Not a fucking fairy tale

⁂

| Taehyung

We wrap up the interview and I grab my coat to leave the SBS studios when my phone buzzes in my pocket.
I take it out, expecting it to be Seo-Joon, Hyung-Sik or Bo Gum. But it's none of them.

Yeona.

I turn off my phone and walk out of the studios, calling a taxi. I'm meeting up with Woo-Sik, we're meeting up at a bar. I'll go home before meeting him.

Once I'm in the vehicle, I decide to open the text, reading a confusing text. She never answered mine.
I know the tone was quite bitter, but I meant what I said nonetheless.
I sigh deeply and read her text.

Hey, I have very important news. Are you still in Seoul? If you are it would be great if we could meet up tonight.
It won't be long, but I just want to tell you face to face.
I hope you're doing well,
See you soon,
Yeona.

Important news? What kind of news? She needs to tell me face to face? Is it about her and Jimin? She wouldn't say great news if it was so...
What could it be about? Where should we meet? Should I even accept?

The tone is so...indifferent?
I know it's selfish but does she even still love me? I mean, I'm still crazy about her, I can't stop thinking about her all the time...

Does she think about me?

Probably not if she's happy with Jimin...I should probably meet her, I might get closure and finally see that I fucked it all up by trying to be wise or whatever bullshit I was trying to achieve when breaking up.

Hey,
Sure, let's meet up tonight if it's not too long, I'm spending the evening with friends.
Tell me where and what time, I'll be there.
See you soon,
Tae.

I press send and wait for her to reply, focusing on the view through my window. I reach my apartment but still no answer.
I have time to shower, grab a drink, call a friend and after two hours of wait, no answer.

If we're supposed to meet up tonight, she should tell me...
As soon as the notification sound echoes, I glance at my screen and frown.
Why is Yeona's mom contacting me?
I quickly open the notification.

"hello, Taehyung, I'm sorry to bother you, I don't know if you still talk to Yeona.
She's supposed to be home for a few hours, and a half hour ago, she said she was close by.
Now I can't reach her.
I've tried calling her, I called Jimin.
I can't reach either of them."