Chapter 7 - Where Are Those Who Share the Memories

Before Gorm can float his way there, a voice rings out from the silence.

"I know you're there, come on out," the man says.

"There's no need to be afraid."

Gorm gasps, then floats slowly out of the bush that he is hiding in. As he approaches, he can see the man with much more clarity.

Suddenly, Gorm recognises his scent.

Ack! It's Morax! The guy who caused mass genocide!

The Abyss Mage freezes in his tracks, becoming aware of his distance from the man. Gorm hides his hands behind his back and looks down at the ground.

"Uh, you... what are you doing here?" Gorm asks, swaying shyly.

"Drinking tea," Morax simply says.

"Would you like a cup?"

Gorm looks up into the man's eyes. Morax is now a changed man. The Abyss Mage blushes.

"Oki"

Gorm takes a seat from across the Geo Archon and accepts the tea poured for him

Gorm takes a seat from across the Geo Archon and accepts the tea poured for him. "Um, weren't you the one who kaboomed Khaenri'ah?"

--------

Morax pauses before continuing to sip his tea.

"Uh, well, yes. I suppose you can say that."

Gorm looks into his reflection in his tea, at a loss for words.

"Why did you do that?" Gorm asks.

"Ah... that I cannot say, as I have signed a contract with Celestia on that, unfortunately," Morax responds, "had you not experienced Khaenri'ah's catacylsm?"

"No," the Abyss Mage says.

The Geo Archon sighs, "Yet another who does not share the memories..."

-------

After a moment of silence, the man leans in closer to Gorm with narrowed eyes.
"Actually, I can tell you why I did those things. But in exchange..."

Gorm perks his head up, waiting eagerly.

"Yes?"

"Mora. 100k will be enough," Morax whispers.