Chapter 10 - Gorm Watches A Guy Sleep

!Spoiler Warning, Includes 'Requiem of Echoing Depths' Lore! 

Dainsleif recently attempted to sabotage the Abyss Order's headquarters and base, but luckily, the Abyss Heralds took care of that by leading him around in circles.

As Gorm makes his way down to the Nameless Ruins, a sudden rush of calm washes over him as he approaches.

What is this...feeling? Gorm wonders, it's making me want to fall asleep...

From the corner of his eye, he notices the princess' brother and his flying lavender melon making their way down the Nameless Ruins. The Abyss Mage quickly hides behind a rock to not be seen. Then from the right of the brother, pops out Dain from an Abyss portal.

A look of frustration is written across the blonde man's face, and Gorm cannot help but feel victorious and let out a little dance.

We boggled his little pea brain! Hehehe!

He then notices the three walking towards Summit, where a very important experiment was being held. Gorm jumps up, alarmed, and quickly teleports to the nearby Abyss base.

"Everyone! Dain is making his way to the water!" he yells at the Abyss Heralds. One of them, Halfdan, makes his way towards Gorm and pats him on the head.

"No need to shout, we got it," Halfdan says, then disappears. The rest of the evening in the Summit was filled with clashing, shouting, and screaming.

-----

The experiment was, unfortunately, foiled by the trio. When it was over, Gorm followed the blonde man as he limped his way back out onto the surface of the Chasm.

Dainsleif lets out a long sigh as he sinks back against a rock hidden within a crevice. He shuts his eyes and in no time, he appears deep asleep.

The Hydro Abyss Mage watches him from afar, huddled within a bush. He giggles quietly to himself, knowing the man was oblivious. Gorm could attack Dain and end his life anytime now - but for some reason, he couldn't bring himself to do it.

Gorm clutches his heart. The sight of a worn-out Dain made his tiny heart ache.

Maybe... another time, then.

The Abyss Mage floats away, back to the Abyss Order headquarters.