Chapter 24 : A Wolf, A Werewolf, Not a wolf

LOCATION: @WOODS

TIME: FULL MOON

Levi -

The Alpha-Female had somehow gotten the upper hand on Mrs. Wolfe. I can feel Mr. Wolfe's anxious heart beat beside me. Though physically he appeared completely collected.

"My Pack will stay. They will not move." Mr. Wolfe orders and I feel something anchor my feet into the ground.

"That's kind of you to include the misfits in your pack." E.B. Wallace mocks.

"Just this one," Mr. Wolfe motions to me. "The other one's on her own." My eyes fly to Ity, and my heart jumps into my throat. He was leaving her to fend for herself ...

Ity's eyebrows raise in surprise, "Thank you."

In the time it takes me to blink, the branch in Trinity's hand sweeps upward and catches Wolf-Rhydian in the muzzle. He stumbles back and shakes his head, regaining his bearings quickly, which is necessary, because Ity doesn't pause before swinging at him again.

E.B. Wallace growls but Mr. Wolfe tightens his fists. "My pack has done nothing, Wallace and he is not yet part of yours." Mr. Wolfe reminds his opponent.

To my surprise E.B. Wallace sighs in agreement.

Rhydian ducks low out of the way, then leaps for Trinity, shifting in mid-air back into human form. His hands reach out, grabbing for her red hoodie but she slips from his grasp while reaching for his pocket. Her fingers brushing past denim.

What she's after is in his left pocket. I'm about to shout the directions but a figure appears to my side. My claws reach out and sink into the arm of the charging Werewolf. My anchored hold interrupts his charge to assist Rhyidan. He turns to swipe at me. My left hand flies up and locks with his.

"Wallace!" Mr. Wolfe's shouts, he was single handedly holding back the second Werewolf creation. "Are you not their Alpha?"

"Rhydian!" Wallace growls back toward the struggle between Ity and Rhydian. Under the arms of the mountainous werewolf in front of me, I see Trinity brace the branch with both hands, slicing upward she almost catches Wolf-Rhydian below the jaw. He jumps back and shift into human form. His black sneakers dig into the ground where he pushes toward her again.

Her hand reaches out to grab the left pocket, but Rhydian's speed is more than any of us had anticipated. He spins all the way around, his hand slips under her chin and his fingers wrap tightly around her neck. At full force he pushes her backward, slamming her into a tree. Stunned, Ity drops her branch. Her hands fly up to his wrist, nails ready to dig into his flesh and pull him away.

Instead she pauses. Her fingers slowly peel away from his skin until both her shaking hands brace against the tree behind her. Rhydian pushes her higher and higher until her toes are barely touching the ground.

My Werewolf stops pushing against me, Mr. Wolfe's as well. The creatures settled back but he remained in front of me. Watching me. Waiting for another go.

"My Werewolves, Rhydian!" The Alpha growled.

Panting heavily Rhydian swallowed, "Yes sir."

"Interesting though," Mr. Wolfe interjected. "How they felt Rhydian needed their help against a normal human."

From the sliver of space I saw Trinity's hands flex, as if she was fighting to keep them at her side.

"Perhaps I was too quick to judge." Wallace says, a spark of interests in his tone. "Bite her again, Rhydian."

'No!" Sterling's voice echoed clearly in my head shortly before he growls. His father's brow furrows as he struggles to keep his hold on his son. Sterling pushes on the balls of his feet fighting against his Alpha's order.