Chapter 25: We don't ... know what we're doing.

LOCATION: @WOODS

TIME: FULL MOON

Sterling -

My mind cannot comprehend what I was seeing. Perhaps I hit my head too hard and was hallucinating. Or maybe we were all about to die.

My gut bubbles with strength. I know Ity's strong. I know I should run. Yet, I am also filled with a strong desire to protect my pack by attacking her. Shaking my head I look around me. Every wolf in the clearing was feeling the push of their instincts as I do.

However, Levi somehow knew better. He steps in front of me and yells, "Get in the van!" I order.

I see Rhydian's Werewolf lung over me for Ity but Levi ignore him and repeats, "Your family is in danger!" With another head shake I throw my head back and release the most powerful howl I can.

A long drag into the sky. From my left Alpha-Wolfe howls in return. With Levi at my side I run for the drivers seat and faze back into his human form. Levi scoops up Sebastian and jumps in closing the door. Hank pours Mrs. Wolfe into the arms of Maggie before he secures the opposite door.

I don't question my brothers choice to stay behind. I throw the car into drive and floor it.

With eyes locked on the road ahead, my hands grip the wheel so tight I feel leather between my fingers. My mind spins with details of what I'd seen but none of it makes sense.

The one hundred and ten pound girl, had faced off with Rhydian, an omega, who was well versed in shifting on a dime. Moving as if she'd been fighting her entire life with a piece of a tree as a weapon. Then the first time she touched him with her hands, her grip changed, and suddenly Rhydian was screaming.

"She snapped it like a toothpick, right?" I say.

"It was his left arm." The sarcastic comment came from two separate voices, simultaneously. One I recognized as Levi, the other I recognized but had to look at her to be sure.

There, in the passenger seat, sat Cassidy, a girl I'd known since birth. Her long ponytail, the cascading color of a sunset, with curtain bangs brushing across her pinked brown cheeks. Her hazel eyes flicked from Levi to myself but eventually her serious expression was directed out the front window, where I was supposed to be looking.

"Tree," She says calmly.

My eyes zip back to the windshield confirming I was about to hit a tree. I yank the wheel just enough and, with a few squeals from the backseat, we return to the center of the road.

"What are you doing here?" I snap.

"I was ordered into the van. The same as you." She says.

"Are you the fiancé?" Levi asks with zero tact. His head blocking my view of the passenger.

"My name's Cassidy." She answers, "And it's nice to meet your human face."

"When did that happen?" Levi laughs feeling his cheeks.

"Are you two flirting?" I ask. Levi instantly snaps 'no', but Cassidy shrugs.

"Might as well, you went all wolf over that other girl." Cassidy rolled her eyes. "What was she anyway?"

"She was bit, like Levi." I say but Levi's human face flushes red and he scratches the back of his neck the way I do when I'm uncomfortable.

"It wasn't the bite." Levi says instantly, using a tone that is much more convincing than my own.

"The stone," Misty says, her weary voice comes from the seat beside Levi, "It gave power to the Omega. It must have had the ability to turn her into that thing."