Diagon Alley

Sorry it took so long I had exams but here it is!!

"Rise and shine my little rosy!" Professor Mcgonagall smiled as she pulled the curtains aside. The golden stream of light shone into my room.

"Morning, mom," I rubbed my eyes, getting used to the light.

" We have to hurry. I have to bring you to Diagon alley today,"My mom smiled. I looked at the calendar, my birthday is in two more days. I looked at my mom, "Sorry Dear, we have to go today, I've got something planned for your birthday." She explained.

I hurried to the great hall for my breakfast, then the two of us went up to my mom's office. We threw a handful of Floo Powder each into the fireplace and yelled, "Diagon Alley!"

I stepped out of the fire and my mom brought me to Gringotts to get some money from my vault, number 687. We piled into a cart and a goblin called Griphook helped me unlock the door. She stooped to sweep some gold galleons, silver sickles and bronze knuts into a blue bag.

I looked at my list,

HOGWARTS SCHOOL OF WITCHCRAFT AND
WIZARDRY

UNIFORM
First-years will require:
1.Three Sets of Plain work robes (Black).
2.One Plain Pointed Hat (Black) for day wear.
3.One Pair of Protective Gloves (dragon hide or similar).
4.One Winter Cloak (Black, silver fastenings).
Please note that all student's clothes should carry name-tags

SET BOOKS
All Students should have a copy of each of the following :
The Standard Book of Spells, Grade 1 by Miranda Goshawk
A History of Magic by Bathilda Bagshot
Magical Theory by Adalbert Waffling
A Beginner's Guide to Transfiguration by Emeric Switch
One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi by Phyllida Spore
Magical Drafts and Potions by Arsenius Jigger
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by Newt Scamander
The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection by Quentin Trimble

OTHER EQUIPMENT
1 Wand
1 Cauldron (pewter, standard size 2)
1 set of glass or crystal phials
1 telescope
1 set of brass scales
Students may also bring an Owl OR a Cat OR a Toad.
PARENTS ARE REMINDED THAT FIRST-YEARS ARE NOT ALLOWED THEIR OWN BROOMSTICKS.

After we left the marble building, we went to ' Madam Malkin's Robes for All Occasions' . Madam Malkin welcomed us warmly into her shop.

"Professor Mcgonagall! What a pleasure! And young Miss Mcgonagall too!" She smiled warmly. I stepped on a footstool and madam malkin slipped a long robe over my head and began to pin it to the right length.

After a while, madam Malkin passed me my robes with a smile. We stopped to buy parchment and quills. I choose a quill that changed colour as I write and one that's normal black.

Then, we went to Flourish and Blotts to get my books. We stopped to buy a pewter cauldron after a while. We went to the apothecary next, where we got my basic potion ingredients.

Then I begged my mom for a pet owl for letters. We left Eeylops Owl Emporium with a white snowy owl in a cage. We went to Ollivanders: Makers of Fine Wands since 382 BC.

Mr Ollivander gave me several wands before he gave one that was oak, springy, 11 inches with a phoenix feather core. I felt warmth in my fingers and waved the wand around.

We left Diagon Alley in the evening and my mother brought me back to Hogwarts.