1|Gut feeling

"It all would have been worth it just for you too see yourself the way I see you in my eyes, beautiful" -6ixcenterss

The tranquil night sets, calmly, as the sky transitions from the pink and orange staggered clouded sunset, to the dark and brisk night

The tranquil night sets, calmly, as the sky transitions from the pink and orange staggered clouded sunset, to the dark and brisk night. It's cold, and rainy, dull, boring. It was just like the usual nights that you'd endure on a busy Friday night. Customers flood in and out of the club as you watch from behind the curtains.

You weren't new to this, no, if anything you were probably the most experienced dancer in the room. Having worked for over 3 years now, it was a routine for you. Something that you could do with your eyes closed, but tonight was different. You felt nervous to walk out onto the stage, but why? It was a very different feeling for you, the air felt thinner and the walls felt like they kept closing in slowly and closer.

You always had these feelings wherever you go and it always happened to end up being true. If you felt something weird in your gut it always ended up with you having an altercation with a customer or something that ends up disturbing the rest of your night.

But tonight's feeling left a heavyweight on your chest, it almost felt that you had a familiar weight on you but you scrunched your nose and shook your head— not wanting to start your night with a disturbed mind.

You were never one to be nervous and yet here you were, scared to walk off onto the stage. You grew up with tough skin, and confidence— having your adoptive parents die and everything in your life going totally downhill.

But that didn't stop you from getting into a good university and graduating with a science degree, but the pile of bills and loans you owe for that one piece of paper that you still haven't used to this day (you graduated a year ago) started to really make question if it was worth it

Was it worthwhile for all the late nights and jobs you worked just to support yourself through school? No, and you wish you knew this before you put yourself through thousands and thousands of debt. It wasn't a total waste of time, you admit it but life could've been sweeter and not have to put you through it all, that's all you wanted.