2|Moving on

"When you get tired of the world, please come and rest into my arms."

Nobody but you: Sonder, Jorja Smith

Make luv: Brent Faiyaz

Found: Tems, Brent Faiyaz

"My availability is Monday, Wednesday night and then a Sunday morning shift" you told him calmly, keeping your legs crossed under the table, hands on your knees

The manager nods his head lazily, jotting down notes as his eyes cast down with exhaustion. You had an interview at a restaurant to bus tables, needing the extra job to save money and potentially move out of your crappy old apartment. It's getting cold, and you need a working heater. Since the pervert landlord wouldn't fix it, you opted to move out.

After last Friday when Jungkook had saved you and took you to his house so that you could shower and eat, it made you realize how reliable you were for him to look out for you. Especially after getting closer with him, throughout the months you slowly started to lean back and let yourself be dependent on him.

It started off with you expecting to see him almost every night shift, to you now showering, eating, and sleeping in his home. You weren't his wife or his girlfriend, in fact he doesn't want you like that at all but you keep pushing yourself on him.

You keep wanting to be in his presence, simply stand and exist next to him in hopes that he'll notice you in that way. You were starting to try way too hard to be someone of an important status in his life, you've to admit it—you look pathetic.

Pathetically in love with a man who has rejected you, still trying to chase after him. Your heart shattered into a million pieces at the thought of him never loving you back—but

you just don't have it in you to ever stop. To stop loving him, to stop wanting to be around the only man to take you into their arms and protect you like he's known you all your life.

You had come to terms that all you ever were going to be was a friend and to pass that will always be a dream to you. He can't always be there for you, he can't always protect you, and you knew that. But deep down, something in you believes he'll always be there for you—whether you need a shower or for him to jam his fist into a couple of jerk's faces.

Jungkook was just a friend, and you needed to move on. You wanted to be independent, and strong—physically.

So you tried to not see him when you didn't need to, especially when you were in need of something you tried to figure it out yourself. And that's what you've been doing the years before you met Jungkook, you figured it out as you went by and survived.