1

There was darkness surrounding everything like a Christmas sweater. On Christmas Eve of 2003, the Troops came and destroyed everything the girl's family had owned. Everything was beaten to dust or burned to ash. The girl was 2 years old, and her parents, who were never kind to her anyways, lay cut open in their brains and chests in front of her. She couldn't cry, for she never comprehended proper emotion. Yet she couldn't move either: a large plank of wood had fallen on her leg, crushing it.

Everyone was gone, and she was alone. Her infant sister Mitzi was nowhere to be seen, but the girl knew she wasn't dead. All the men had left her to die here, with her parents dead before her, and smoke enveloping her more and more.

But suddenly, something had happened; something the blue haired child had never had performed before. She wasn't sure how she'd done it, but somehow she had dissolved the plank that was trapping her into a smoky black mist. Her navy eyes stared directly into the heart and essence of that wood, and it began to flake away into black dots of smoke that faded into the air. She was free, and so she ran.

Years later, after she had forgotten everything, the girl was alone. She had no memory of her name, her family, or why she was alone. Regardless, she wandered the streets all alone at 6 years old, with no one bothering to help her. Intelligent, she learned how to properly speak and read and do other worldly things. With this, she was able to rename herself after where she had roamed for 3 years: Brooklyn.

Brooklyn, with her new academic skills, decided to develop some other skills, most significantly her power. Not only could she "dissolve" things into mid-air, but she could also levitate objects and her own being. She used alleys as training courts and boxes as targets. She could soon bend light and sound waves with her eyes, become invisible, and kill anything living with the blast of a black ribbon from her bare hands. Brooklyn had everything she could need to survive on her own in the streets. All except one thing; she needed a friend.