6

"Yeah," she sighed, "I guess you have. I was trying to be mysterious until now... was that working?"

Angelo Verlor was finally talking to the girl he had seen darting in and out of his vision for months. She wasn't really what he expected; she seemed so outgoing and friendly for such a dark individual. He replied:

"Um... yes, I suppose it was." At this, her legs drifted down so she could stand. She matched up with a little below his shoulders. She made a face at him. Embarrassed, he remembered his situation and went on, "So what was it that just happened?"

She giggled in a low voice. "Well, that guy wasn't being well behaved, and I rarely do this by the way... I'm not all that evil. Anyway, I spawned a hydra from Death's cabin... and it ate him." The way she spoke was so dramatic, each word given meaning, its own soul. But then Angelo realized: a hydra? A portal? Death's cabin?!

He fiercely interrogated, "What?" She was taken aback by the harsh tone and became very awkward. She brushed her bangs off her forehead, revealing her right ear. At least 6 silver piercings were sparkling around the conch of her ear.

After realizing what his words had caused her, he said, "Hey... cool piercings."

"Oh, thanks," she said, "It's easier to do it with powers and stuff... and the more the merrier." She was definitely uncomfortable. "Well, I'm gonna go then." She quickly shot a portal below her, fell through, and closed it. 

Everything was back to normal; Angelo was alone. Except for one thing: he felt something in his hand. He looked down and saw a small piece of paper. He laughed to himself- that sneaky bitch, he thought. On the paper was written an address and "9pm train tracks". This could be a date!

(this is really short but I have a better idea than what I had in mind for the next chapter)