5

Brooklyn, after casting her shield on her friend, decided to do one of the worst things that her power enabled her to do. While keeping her enemy sustained in the air, she shot a black smoke bullet on the ground beneath him. The smoke expanded to form a large, dark portal. She smiled the evilest of smiles, obviously waiting for something to happen, when it did; growling began to resound from the void in the ground.

The first head slithered up out of the portal slowly, looking around at its new surroundings. Then it looked up, saw a meal, and alerted his other capitula with a shriek. The 5 other slick black heads of the hydra emerged from the hole as Brooklyn released her hand, and therefore the man. Before he could finish his scream, she closed the portal.

"Hey!" shouted Angelo anxiously, "what the hell is going on?" It wasn't everyday that he heard ferocious sounds briefly and then immediate silence. Brooklyn didn't respond. He tried again to get around the shield, but with no luck. Suddenly, he heard a voice right in front of him:

"Oh, yeah," said Brooklyn, "Sorry." The shield evaporated into mist and there she was, floating in the air on her stomach, in a position identical to that of how you would lay in the sand on a beach. She gleefully beamed at Angelo.

He was at a loss for words. There was so much he had just observed. Her voice was raspy, but not harsh. She wore black eyeliner under her eyes that gave her a dark, obscure look, with help from the dark blue eyes. Her face was spattered with dainty freckles which made her look like childish and happy, as did her full lips, seemingly always smiling. She had a cute tuft of side bangs which covered most of her right eye. She was beautiful.

After realizing he was staring, Angelo said: "So I've seen you around before..."

(yeah this chapter is already kind of long so I'll save their conversation for 6)