3

A few months later

 Angelo was walking home from school, the last day before the weekend would finally commence. At that time, he had been accustomed to seeing the peculiar girl, and he was confused; for he hadn't seen her on his entire walk and he was almost home. This was something unusual, even for this girl: he would always see her after school, no matter what. So he decided to do something he hadn't done before: he went looking for her.

It didn't take him very long. He walked back to the playground where he had first seen her in hopes she would remember also. She was not on the playground, but in the soccer field parallel. And she wasn't hiding in a tree or vanishing behind buses across the street; she was actually out in the open. A small crowd of teenagers encircled her, but she was not alone within the crowd. A cocky, malevolent looking man stood across from her, spaced out, as if the two were having a western stand-off. The crowd was shrieking unintelligible things, but Angelo could not make out anything that was happening. All he could think was that the girl was in trouble.

But she seemed to be totally fine: she wore her extravagant blue hair in a high pony tail and she was dressed in simple black shorts and a tank top. This was the first time Angelo had ever seen her full body. She seemed to be on the shorter side and had a full body, but definitely was not fat. She was well developed (as any boy would notice) and seemed to have just been on a run. So why was she in this predicament?

Angelo noticed she was yelling. A lot. She looked extremely steamed; the man across from her seemed to be flinging insults about her. So she simply began to yell right back, and it was obvious she was restraining herself. Suddenly, she couldn't do that anymore, and she just let it all out. She screamed an earsplitting scream, and projected her arms straight forward. Black flames blasted forth from her palms into the broad chest of the man. He was shot projectile into the mass of people behind him in the crowd, causing them all to fall.