What Happens Now

My world is spinning. It's spinning. Nothing makes sense.

But it all does.

Aurora was at the meet and greet when the wall fell. In fact, she was there earlier, before me. I didn't even see her before I went on stage. And she's always been incredible with computers. She's been recording and dubbing her own songs online since she was little, but she never sent them out into the world. She's been a little distant since I've went to L.A.

Only why?

Why would someone I've been friends with since I was little want to hurt me like this? To end my career? To tarnish my name? To almost kill me?

I've never done anything to her. I was there when her parents were fighting so much in seventh grade that she couldn't even stand to be in the same place as them. More often then not, she stayed at my house. And when she was a freshman and her parents finally got the long-awaited divorce that she's begged for, I was there when she cried because her last hope of her parents 'Working It Out' was smashed.

I was there for the good times too. We went to prom as best friends WITH two dates that were best friends too. I helped her decorate her new apartment in all her favorite colors. I framed all of our pictures in little ornate frames. We replaced all the ugly lights with pretty little lamps and mini chandeliers.

After everything thats happened, this is how she repays me? Trying to ruin my life? Why would she do that?

Without thinking, I text her.

-How about lunch today? :)

My heart hammers as I await her response.

-Sounds super. There's a cute little Italian joint. Wanna go?

I reply

-Sure

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My palms are sweating as I push my pasta around my plate. I can't bring myself to eat, no matter how great it is. All I can think of is how I'm eating lunch with a traitor. A bad friend. Someone who I trusted who I obviously can't.

"Aurora," I say, mustering up the courage to confront her, "I know what you did. I know its you." Her eyebrows crease together. I try to force myself to find my happy place.

"I have no idea what you're talking about." She answers sweetly, slowly turning her pasta on her fork like some evil mastermind. She slowly takes a sip of her wine. Red wine.

"Oh I think you know exactly what I'm talking about," I say, my eyes brimming with tears, "But . . . why'd you do this to me? Why'd you go through all of this?" My voice rose in volume. "Who are you? What have you done to my best friend? What happened to her? YOU BITCH!"

Tears flow down my face as I run out of the restaurant. Let her pay for the overpriced meal out of her own minescule wallet, because she's never done an honest days' work in her entire life. I can't float her through it anymore if all she ever tries to do is sink me. I can't do this anymore. I WON'T do this anymore.

I text Drake.

I'll be coming back to the hotel and getting my things. Thanks for everything. Bye.

A/N: HEY! THANKS SO MUCH FOR READING! COMMENT YOUR NAME AND I'LL WORK YOU INTO THE STORY WITH A CHAPTER DEDICATION !!!!!! PLUS, LET'S HEAR SOME FEEDBACK! THIS STORY IS FAR FROM OVER, I STILL HAVE A FEW TRICKS UP MY SLEEVE!

THANKS!

COMMENT

VOTE

FOLLOW