ii. 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐚𝐧𝐲 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐩𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐜𝐥𝐚𝐫𝐤𝐞?

"Oh, you've got to be shitting me

"Oh, you've got to be shitting me." Max spoke as the trio walked out of the mall, her gaze going over toward the bike rakes. Turning his head, Peter set his eyes on a familiar trio of boys, missing their forth though. He had a class with Lucas, and everyone knew Will Byers, but he couldn't put his finger on the tallest boys name, "Isn't this a nice surprise."

The tall one dropped his bike as he pointed at El, "What are you doing here?"

"Shopping." she replied back with a eyebrow raise.

"With Peter Clarke?" Lucas spoke up as he looked at both the girls, "Peter Clarke?"

"Hi?" Peter questioned awkwardly.

"What are you doing with them?" the one without a name demanded to know as he looked at Peter in disbelief, "Why are you even here?"

"Friend." El spoke up for him.

"What is wrong with the two of you?" he asked as he looked between Peter and Max before pointed at the redhead, "You know she's not supposed to be here."

"Look..." Peter trialed off, searching for the boys name somewhere in his mind.

"Mike." Lucas informed him.

"Mike." Peter nodded quickly in confirmation, "I've gone to the mall before when I was grounded. I know the places no one goes into, she's totally off the hook."

"Oh my god, stop talking." Mike gave him an insane look, "You don't know anything. You shouldn't even be talking her either, either of them."

"Pretty sure you can't control who people talk to." Peter rose his eyebrows his way, passing his ice cream to El, crossing his arms, "You don't even know me."

"Oh, yes I do." Mike gave a laugh of disbelief.

"Then that's totally creepy." Peter threw his hands up his way, "Why do you try and control what your girlfriend does, anyways? That's even weirder, dude."

"What is she, your little pet?" Max bounced off Peters words.

"Yeah. Am I your pet?" El repeated her words with a shake of her head.

"What? No!" Mike spoke up quickly with wide, bulging eyes.

"Then why do you treat me like garbage?" El demanded an answer from him.

"What?" Mike asked in disbelief.

"You said Nana was sick." the Hopper girl gave a look of disbelief.

"She is." Mike stumbled over his words slightly, "She is. She's sick."

"Yeah, she's sick. She's sick. She's super sick." Lucas tried to back Mike up, getting a look of disbelief from the redhead. Peter looking behind Mikes head toward Will, finding he'd only looked bored out of his mind, "That's why we're here, actually."