vii. 𝐫𝐮𝐥𝐞 𝐧𝐮𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐛𝐨𝐲𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝

"Do you need help?" Peters voice caught Lucas' attention

"Do you need help?" Peters voice caught Lucas' attention. Turning, he stood awkwardly as Lucas messed with the walkie, "My uncles a science teacher."

Lucas gave a small snort, "I know."

Peter walked over, "What are you trying to do?"

"The volume is stuck, i'm trying to get it-" Lucas began, Peter taking it from his grasp as he turned it all the way not, "No, no, that not-"

"Wait." Peter shhed him, turning the volume up again, where it had been stuck, gliding over it, "Sometimes you just have to retrace your steps."

Lucas took it from his hands, "Sounds like something Mr.Clarke would say."

"He did." Peter cracked a grin.

Lucas cleared his throat, "Look, man, about Mike-"

"You don't have to excuse your friends actions, I get it. He doesn't have to like me, i'm not here for him." Peter shook his head, his level of mature taking Lucas by surprise, "What? Are you shocked that i'm not whining like a baby and trying to control El? Or maybe it was because I don't throw a fit every time something doesn't go my way, and my ability to speak without making someone feel crazy and like they should feel bad for saying and doing what they want."

When Peter original began to speak, he didn't plan on putting Mike down as much as he did just now. But he couldn't stop, his words flying out like word vomit.

"You're just not what I was thinking."Lucas said honestly, inspired by Peters freewill to his opinions and speech, "I figured you were hanging out with the girls just to-"

"Max and El are the only friends I actually have." Peter stopped him, because he couldn't imagine using the girls like Lucas was about to say, "I would never, and will never, hurt either of them in any way."

"You think Mike hurts El?" Lucas went to defend Mike.

"Mentally, yeah, I do." he said back confidently, leaning against the wall.

"He just worries about her." Lucas defended him, despite seeing were Peter had been coming from, "He lost her for a year, it was bad. He's just scared it'll happen again, but don't tell him I told you that."

Peter nodded slightly, "I can understand that part, that isn't what I mean. But the way he tries to make her feel bad about herself for wanting to be an actual human being is ridiculous. El is smart, and she's powerful. I mean, how does it not make you mad when he treats Max like shit either?"

Lucas blinked, "Well, I don't-"

"I think you should stand up for your girlfriend more." Peter passed him the walkie with a single nod, "Rule number one to being a good boyfriend."

Lucas thought about his words as the Clarke boy walked away.

Peter blinked in shock when El tilted her head, Billy's body crashing back into the sauna room wall.