𝟚. Project

"Report to your stations immediately," Strucker, one of HYDRA's best, warned through the comms. "This is not a drill. We are under attack!"

Pietro Maximoff and another guard were instructed to retrieve 'the project'. As usual in these kinds of situations, the speedster would speed around the cell, triggering the sensors around Bombshell's room. Then, the lights would turn red, as a warning to whoever was on the other side to stand the hell back.

Bombshell silently cracked her knuckles— well, she cracked her knuckles loudly, but the headphones and the technology inside the room prevented her from hearing so. She also gave the last fix to her low and short black duo of ponytails on her head.

The man stopped in his tracks at the edge of the door. "Ready?" he smirked. She nodded once, relieved for the chance of hearing something for a couple of seconds. She slung her arms around Pietro's neck so that he could carry her bridal style to the main headquarters.

"Herr Strucker, it's the Avengers," Bombshell managed to read off Doctor List's lips.

"They have to be after the scepter," Strucker concluded. "Can we hold them?"

Another one of the guards stared at him in disbelief. "They're the Avengers." Some of the agents shivered. Could they even stop them from crossing the door in the following minute?

Pietro was freaking out, scared and excited at the same time because of the attack. He wanted to be in the first line of action. Wanda, on the other hand, did her best to calm him down. She knew their job was to wait for instructions or expect a worse outcome. 

The third, more neutral option, was Bombshell, who was deadly focused on analyzing the Herr's mouthing. That was the only way she could understand what was going on: reading lips. No one was gonna be kind enough to sit down and explain the situation to her.

"But we're on the verge of our greatest breakthrough!"

"Then let's show them what we've accomplished. Send out the twins and Bombshell." If they wanted victory, the doctor's proposal was the only reasonable idea he had said in a while.

Strucker clicked his tongue. "It's too soon."

"It's what they signed up for." Since he needed more peace in his quick heartbeat, Pietro rubbed his hand against Bombshell's shoulder. She just tapped her right palm against her black pants. Each gesture had a meaning: the first part meant 'get ready'. The second, her move, was a confirmation.

When things eventually got more even, Strucker decided to give a pep talk. The light would not show the man's face. To help, Wanda stood next to Bombshell, mouthing the words in a whisper. 

Believe it or not, she was the only human to which Wanda had zero mental access to. It was probably the combination of objects implanted on her skull and the history of dozens of experiments.

"We will not yield. The Americans sent their circus freaks to tes—" Wanda didn't get to finish the sentence before Pietro had dragged both the girls into a separate room.

A devilish grin had plastered itself on his face. "We fight, da?" he asked in Sokovian.

Already knowing the plan, Wanda showed them the control of the ebony's headphones. That would activate her powers for at least two minutes. "For our family."

Bombshell's cravings at the moment were destruction and revenge; she didn't need even a second to consider it untrue. "We kill," she whispered, fixing her grey cape before the could be swiftly moved into the game.

When she arrived, she noticed how the tiniest tint of black had colored the veins of her forearms. Thanks to Pietro's speed, she had gathered a bit of sound ammunition. She did a tiny curtsy, letting them go on their merry way.

The snow crunched against her worn-out boots. The tips of her jet black hair brushed against her shoulders. All Bombshell had to do for now was listen. Her body would handle the rest.

In the distance, the roar of an Asgardian hammer hitting against a Vibranium shield set Bombshell's arms on ignition. Now she had enough power to strike back.

The bone-crushing smashes of a green creature also caught her attention. Whatever bunker and guns were supposed to be protecting, they were ashes and broken parts. "Money waste," Bombshell muttered in Sokovian.

Hulk, the aforementioned monster, turned in fury to the little woman. He came sprinting in her direction, contrasting his big frame with her pale, 5'2 figure. Converting the energy into her fists and doing a special mannerism, she bounced back the power into him, sending Hulk at least 30 feet back into a tree.

"We found a second Enhanced. Girl. Spooky looking," Black Widow revealed through the Avengers' communications. She was about to help Hulk turn into Bruce when she saw him flying above her.

Bombshell had a bit of energy saved from all the gunshots thrown around. She spun once and pushed her hand in Nat's direction, creating a black beam of power. Nat barely dodged it; it hit the edge of her left hip.

Natasha used one of her staffs in attack mode, but the sound of Hulk's roar in the distance caused a smile on Bombshell's face. The redhead grabbed one of her sticks and fought against her. "And what are you supposed to be? A soldier-witch? Magician?" she panted.

"Hearing loss," she stated in English. With that, Bombshell threw a hurling scream, leaving Black Widow stunned for a couple of seconds. That gave her enough time to run away in search of the twins. Her time to use her powers had run out.

.•*'¨'*•.¸¸.•*'¨'*•.¸¸.•*'¨'*•.¸¸.•*'¨'*•.¸¸.•*'¨'*•.

Meanwhile, the billionaire Tony Stark had found himself in the heart of the headquarter's mechanical experiments. All variating in size, type of materials, and color, the one he was really looking for was Loki's scepter.

Of course, the enhanced Sokovians had a plan to stop their mission. Wanda placed her hands close to his head, connecting her with him through red wisps. Tony's vision was none other than his worst nightmare: everyone dying because of his selfish actions. Every Avenger laid on the floor coughing blood, bruised, or had death dripping all over them.

"You could have saved us," Steve Rogers, the soldier who outlived his time, bellowed from the floor. It didn't take long before he perished on the cold ground.

The ships of the Chitauri were making their way into Earth, but Tony shook the nightmare off right on the perfect moment; Pietro and Bombshell had appeared on Wanda's side.

With her headphones on, yet veins slightly charged, she was ready to finish the billionaire once and for all. The older and younger ones went headfirst into his space, but the Maximoff girl stopped them.

"We're just gonna let him take it?" Pietro complained, his thick Sokovian accent projecting in his English.

When Bombshell caught the glint on Wanda's face, she relaxed and replied: "No. More chaos."

.•*'¨'*•.¸¸.•*'¨'*•.¸¸.•*'¨'*•.¸¸.•*'¨'*•.¸¸.•*'¨'*•.