𝟙𝟘. Silence

A mix of red, yellow, and blue blasts erupted from the group. You could choose at random any every crevice in the room and it would have a robot flying around, particles of damage, or an Avenger standing their ground.

Sasha was the last one to start shooting. She wanted to wait for her powers to recharge so her hits would be more powerful and more precise.

Thor, Tony, and Vision used their respective lasers to kick Ultron out of the church. They managed to melt their face off. "You know, with the benefit of hindsight—" but Hulk hit it so hard that it flew away. Following behind, they all flew away.

Bombshell used one of the remaining beams standing to rest for a second. She could feel her lungs getting heaving and her feet dragging longer.

"They'll try to leave the city," the god of thunder concluded.

Tony furrowed his eyebrows. "We can't let them, not even one. Rhodey."

He was still flying around the perimeter, so he caught them right on time. "I'm on it. Oh, no. I didn't say you could leave. War Machine coming at you. Right—" But his moment of triumph was cut short when Vision cleared out some of the robots with the beam coming out of his forehead. "Okay, what?"

Back at the center, everyone was deciding on the next course of action. Steve took the lead. "We gotta move out. Even I can tell the air is getting thin. You guys get to the boats. I'll sweep for stragglers. Be right behind you."

"What about the core?" Clint pondered.

The Sokovian girl with the red leather jacket raised her chin. "I'll protect it. It's my job."

Sasha wanted to stay, but she pushed her off the platform. "Wanda..."

"Go back with the others. I want you to be safe."

She slightly nodded. "Same to you."

Pietro took Bombshell's spot, as he found himself zooming to his sister. She pushed him away too. "Get the people on the boats."

"I'm not going to leave you here."

"I can handle this," she said while splitting a robot's face. Pietro was impressed. "Come back for me when everyone else is off. Not before... You understand?"

Pietro pulled a grin. "You know, I'm 12 minutes older than you."

On the other hand, Wanda suppressed a chuckle. "Go."

FRIDAY alerted Iron Man about the power level problem, which meant that city was running out of time. "Reroute everything. We get one shot at this."

Clint and Natasha arrived at the edge where the floats were transporting people. "We don't have a lot of time."

"So get your ass on a boat," Nat bounced back.

"You're safe now. You're gonna be okay. Buckle up. Secure your gear, find a seat," Steve commanded all the citizens.

Sasha stood on the edge of the floats, one foot on and the other on the ramp. She was ushering and helping everyone find a spot inside the ships.

However, one concerned mom had left grabbed her attention. She was placed on the float against her will; she was missing someone. "Costel! We were in the market. Costel!"

Clint and her scanned the scenery, hoping they'd see the boy alive somewhere around there. Hawkeye, thanks to his wonderful vision, found him trapped under a fallen beam.

"Is this the last of them?" Thor asked.

"Yeah. Everyone else is on the carrier," Steve answered.

Iron Man flew over the scene, considering the few options left. "You know, this works, we maybe don't walk away."