Reunions (Part 1-Virgil)

It had been a week since my dad's death. At first me and mom hoped he had just disappeared after what happened at Sister Location, but two days later we got news that it was indeed his organs residing on the Scooper. We cried and mourned for him for two days before we had his funeral. Barely anyone came from his side of the family, only Mom's side of the family came along, with his adoptive father, who didn't show any emotion during the service. It was only my grandmother and my Mother who had something to say about how great of a person he was before we drove the empty coffin to the graveyard to bury it. As they put the empty coffin into the ground I had looked at the graves surrounding the area and noticed that they all had the same last name as me, "Afton". I'd looked for my Grandfather and found him leaning against a headstone with the engraving "William Afton, loving parent and friend". I looked over to the group and saw them all milling about and talking about any memories they had of my father before I sat down beside the grown man. We sat like that until my mother came and got me, taking me to our new home.

~1 year later Location:Mind Palace(Is that what people call it?)~

          I was up in my room while everyone else was downstairs with Uncle Thomas watching a new Disney movie that had come out. I opened my door to start heading down to join them when I heard rain hitting the roof. I froze for a split second, flashbacks replying in my mind before I shook them away. I made my way to the stairs and descended to the first floor, my hand gripping the railing. I find that Thomas was sitting in the middle of the group, Patton sitting to his right and Logan to his left. Roman had set up an area for himself in front of the couch.

Right in the pathway

          I rolled my eyes and walked past into the kitchen so I could grab something to snack on. I opened our cabinet when a knock came from the front door.

          "I'll get it!" Thomas yelled as I walked to the entryway to see who it was. He opened the door and there stood a figure in all black.

~POV:Michael Afton~

          I heard yelling within the house, allowing me to know someone was coming to open the door. I pulled my black jacket closer around me, trying to keep my dead body warm against the frigid rain pouring down on me as I waited. Finally the door opened and I let out a sigh of relief. I didn't know if he still lived here or if this was even the right house. Thomas studies my appearance and I suddenly realize that wearing all black from head to toe probably wasn't the best idea, but how else was I supposed to hide my after-death features? After a few seconds he seems to take note of the weather conditions and my lack of an umbrella as he steps aside to let me into the house.

            "Thanks Thomas." I muttered as I stepped inside the air conditioned house, immediately feeling warmer. I scanned the surrounding room and found it was occupied by three other people, and there was another person standing in the shadows of the entryway to his kitchen.

           "Who are you, and how do you know me?" Thomas questioned, closing the door after scanning the yard. I felt idiotic at that moment, turning to look directly at him.

Of course he wouldn't recognize me. I'm in all black and I died a year ago.

   "It's me, Michael."

    Thomas stared at me in bewilderment before I saw a tear run down his face.

"I'm looking for my son Thomas." I said, wasting no time in what I was there for.

"I don't know where Virgil is Mike, Karla took him and left for his grandmothers three days after you 'died'." Thomas replied. I flinched at the mention of me dying. I was beginning to feel hopeless. I had only been to Karla's mothers house once in my lifetime, which was when Virgil had first been born and we had gone to visit. I leaned against the nearby wall for support.