Chapter 4

I would really appreciate it if you guys would comment what you think on this story! I would love to know what everyone thinks about it!

Brenna's POV

I straightened my sweater carefully and took a deep breath.

"Are you ready?" Remus asked gently.

"I guess so," I sighed. Remus laid a hand on my back and led me into the Gryffindor common room. As part of his apology, he wanted me to meet his friends so they could apologize too. I was pretty nervous to meet them since I didn't really talk to many people, especially not many guys.

"Mates, this is Brenna Harem," Remus smiled as we stopped in front of three very different men. One was tall with long black hair while another was short with a pointed nose. The boy in the middle was adorned with glasses and a goofy smile.

The boy with the long black hair spoke first. "Hello Brenna. My deepest apologies for the trouble we've caused," He smiled and kissed my hand. "My name is Sirius Black."

"It's a pleasure," I smiled weakly and plucked my hand away from him. The boy with the glasses stepped forward and introduced himself as James Potter.

"I'm truly sorry for our little game," He said, bowing his head slightly, causing his mess of dark curls to ruffle.

"It's alright," I nodded.

"I - I'm Peter," The shortest boy smiled shyly. "Peter Pettigrew."

"Pleasure to meet you Peter," I smiled and shook his hand.

"I'm sorry about the dares," He frowned.

"It's quite alright."

"So," Remus said, clearing his throat, "Is anybody up for a game of Wizard Chess?"

"You're going down this time!" James shouted as he jumped to his feet. "Prepare for defeat."

Remus remained calm but his eyes glinted with laughter.

"You're on, mate."

Remus and James jumped right into their game with Sirius sitting behind James, most likely assisting him. Peter sat in an armchair by the fire.

"Hello," I smiled as I sat down on the floor next to him.

"H- hey," He stammered. There was a moment of awkward silence before Peter spoke.

"Where are you from?" He asked.

"Well, my mother was a muggle and my father was a wizard. They died in a house fire when I was six years old so I went to live with my mother's muggle brother and his wife. They've been very kind to me," I sighed.

"Why the sigh then?" Peter inquired with a raise of his brow.

I frowned and replied, "The muggles are very kind but I just wish I had a parent that could understand any magical problems I have. I can't ask my foster parents for help with my Transfiguration class, now can I?"

"Very true, unfortunately," He frowned. "But it's not all bad. At least you've got yourself a caring family, real parents or not."

"You always see the bright side of things, don't you?" I grinned.

"You could say that," He shrugged. A loud shout from James signaled that the game was over and he'd lost.

"Hey, Brenna," Peter called as I got up, "Would you, um, like to go out sometime?"

"Sure, why not," I smiled. Peter grinned at me and followed me to over to the other boys.

"You cheated!" James shouted.

"How do you cheat at Wizard Chess?" Remus laughed.

"I don't know but you did it," James pouted.

"I was here the whole time, there was no foul play," Sirius chuckled.

"Whatever," James sighed.

I cleared my throat to get the boys' attention and smiled. "I better be off. Got some studying to do."

"I'll walk you to your common room!" Both Remus and Peter exclaimed in unison. Remus gave Peter a dirty look, who just shrugged and smiled at me.

"I'll think I can manage on my own," I said, sensing the tension between the two. Maybe they'd had a fight recently?

"Tomorrow at seven?" Peter asked.

"That works for me. I'll meet you here," I smiled, ignoring the surprised stares from the other three. I waved and said my goodnights, then left in a hurry to tell Sydney about my date tomorrow.

Remus' POV

Sirius laughed and plopped down in a chair beside Peter and clapped him on the back.

"So, you've got a date?" Sirius smirked.

"It appears that way," Peter grinned.

"Congrats, mate," James snorted insincerely.

"Yeah," I agreed quietly. I wasn't sure why, but I was the slightest upset that Peter had a date with Brenna. I coughed into my sleeve and sighed.

"Where are you gonna take her?" Sirius asked.

"I was thinking of taking her to Hogsmeade," Peter shrugged.

"Already did that," I replied quickly, then bit my tongue. Why did I say that?

"When did that happen?" James smirked with a raised eyebrow. "Followed through with my dare after all?"

"Shut up," I snapped. "I took her when Peter dared me to follow her. She was upset so I tried to cheer her up."

"Oh," Peter nodded and stared at his feet. James and Sirius laughed.

"You could take her on a picnic by the Forbidden Forest," I suggested.  "She loves the creatures."

"Remmy, mate, you're a life saver!" Peter squeaked and threw his arms around me. I patted his back lightly and James and Sirius gave me a thumbs up as they tried to hold back another burst of laughter.

"I've never been on a date before, especially not with someone as beautiful as Brenna," Peter ranted excitedly. "I'm going to make us the best lunch and tea and there will be candles and-"

I drowned him out. I had a burning feeling in my stomach that I couldn't describe. I brushed it off as a symptom of the upcoming full moon and snuck off to the dorm. I buried myself in my covers and sighed, coughing into my  pillowcase. I had a horrible feeling about tomorrow.