Chapter 4: Curse Of The Mentor

Luz: (voiceover) "And here we have the most fearsome creature in the world, the King of Demons."

The video zooms out to show King trying to tear a sock off his nose.

Luz: "Facing his natural enemy, the ducky sock."

King: (grunting, tears the sock into pieces, then punches the remnants) "Where are you now, ducky sock?!"

Luz: "So, why'd you call me here again?"

King: "Oh, yeah." (grunting, climbs up a table) "Human Luz, you've been so obsessed with witchcraft that you haven't learned anything about my kind. Prepare yourself for..." (rips off a curtain to reveal a corkboard of photos of various demons; puts on a hat and spins the cord on top of it) "Demons 101. Demons like me are grim tricksters of the twilight, creatures of sulfur and bone."

Luz: (zooming in with her camera) "And cute little paws."

King: (sighs) "And cute little paws. True. We live only to create chaos and misery. Our only weaknesses are purified water and passive‐aggressive comments. Sometimes."

Luz: "Oh, you guys are sensitive."

King: "Even demons have inner demons." (tears off one of the pictures to reveal a snarling demon) "The most powerful demon of all is the Snaggleback. He's a‐‐"

Luz: "Bad boy!"

A colored filter appears over the screen, followed by several stickers. Luz aims her phone down and taps on her screen.

King: "Luz, pay attention. This information could save your life someday."

Luz: "No, no. I am so paying attention. This is my paying attention face." (nodding) "Mm‐hmm, mm‐hmm, mm‐hmm."

Lightning crashes, immediately followed by a thunder rumble. Luz and King look outside.

King: "Uh‐oh. Looks like it's gonna rain."

Luz: (gasps) "I love the rain."

King: "Hey, wait."

Luz: (opens the door, exhales) "I always love feeling the first few drops in my hair." (kneels down to talk to a flower) "I bet you do too, little buddy."

A water drop drops down to the flower, making it wither and die immediately.

Luz: "What?"

Eda: (runs to the house) "Boiling rain! Everybody inside now!"

Luz: "Huh?" (yelps)

Eda grabs her arm and drags the both of them inside. Objects crash and clatter.

Eda: "Phew! That was close. But the important thing is you didn't get hurt."

Luz: (lying painfully) "Yep." (groans as a cup falls on her head) "Not hurt."

After settling down everyone went back outside of the Owl House, where King is putting a bandage on a burn on Luz's arm. He puts another bandage on his snout.

King: "Look, now we're boo‐boo buddies."

Luz: (squeals, then falls over) "Oh, my gosh, I love you so much." (looks at Eda, who is creating a spell under a force field) "A boiling rainstorm on the Boiling Isles. The weather here is so fun."

Eda: "Yeah, we don't have weather. We have plagues, gorenados, shale hail, painbows."

King: "It's like a rainbow but looking at it turns you inside out."

Luz pulls the drawstrings of her hoodie closed.

Eda: "So, until the boiling rain stops, no one is allowed outside tonight."