Chapter 2: The "Chosen One"

Luz wakes up with a gasp and looks around the room. Dante and King who snuck in while they were sleeping are heard lightly snoring.

Luz: "It wasn't a dream!" [opens the window] "Good morning, terrifying fantasy world."

Monster: [waving at her] "Good morning." [sinks into the ocean]

Luz: "Ughhh." [picks up King] "Good morning, you little cutie‐pie." [kisses his head repeatedly]

King: "I am not your cutie‐pie!"

Luz: "Yes, you are." [hugs him tightly before putting him back down on the bed]

King: [sighs] "I know."

Luz goes over to Dante and bends down to poke his cheek a couple times.

Luz: "You awake?"

Dante: [opens his eyes and smiles at her] "I am now."

Luz: [pulls the blanket off him] "Well let's go! It's our first day of our witch apprenticeship!"

Dante: [rolls over to his other side] "Give me ten minutes before I get up."

Luz: "Then I'll get ready first."

Luz opening the bathroom door. Several owls fly out of it, hooting. She watches them fly away before entering, walking backwards.

Hooty: "Hi, Luz!"

Luz screams and karate chops Hooty's face.

Hooty: "Ow! I'm just wishing you a good morning." [retreats to the front door] "Jeez! Hoot! Ow!"

Luz: "Sorry, Hooty." [Looks at the bathroom counter and picks up her Azura book. Flips it open to a headshot of Azura and holds it up to the mirror] "This is it, old girl. Your first day on the Boiling Isles, as a Witch Apprentice." [punches the air] Hyah! [opens a closet door while covering her eyes] "Please have witchy clothes. Please have witchy clothes. Please have witchy clothes." [takes her hand off her eyes and sees a closet full of stereotypical witchy stuff] "Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes!" [screams]

Luz finds sticky name tags and writes "Witch Apprentice Luz" on a name tag and sticking it to her chest. She is now wearing a robe and what looks to be a witch's hat as she stands at the bottom of a staircase squealing in excitement. Luz hears a toilet flushing then Eda's shadow appears on the wall before she steps into frame.

Luz: "Good morning, Eda the Owl Lady. I am ready for my first day of Witch Apprenticeship."

Eda: "Ugh!" [shakes spiders out of her hair, picks another one out of her ear] "Who are you, again?"

Luz: "Huh?" [stares in horror as her name tag falls to the floor then follows Eda into the kitchen] "Remember me? Luz?" [grunts as a coffee cup hits her in the back of the head] "We freed the oppressed and defeated the evil warden together? Yesterday?"

Eda: "Kid, lay off the details. I haven't even had my cup of apple blood yet."

Luz: "You mean apple juice?"

Eda: "No."

Eda sits on the kitchen table and drinks from her mug. King is sitting in a high chair and stabbing a fork into a yellow blob with eyes sitting on a plate. It was at that moment Dante came downstairs. He was dressed, but looked incredibly tired and sick.