Chapter 3

An hour passed before Angel gained consciousness as she slowly sat up in the bed, looking around the room. "What happened? Why do I feel so sore? God I don't remember anything."

"I don't know why you're sore down there, maybe you are on your period or something. As for why you can't remember anything that happened last night, it's because you fell asleep while waiting for me to return," Tate explained from behind Angel.

Angel turned to look at Tate in a questioning manner. "I did?"

"Yeah," Tate replied.

"That would explain why I'm so tired then. I'm also very sorry for falling asleep on your bed. I honestly didn't mean for that to happen," Angel apologized.

"No worries. I thought it was cute. That and I didn't want to disrupt your sleep," Tate explained.

"Thank you for being so considerate," Angel said before glancing at the clock. "I should be heading back home now. If I don't, Stephanie is going to start freaking out and calling my mom; which wouldn't end well."

"What is the deal with Stephanie Bogg anyway? She's not your mother. It's not like you have to go reporting every detail back to her," Tate said.

"Stephanie gets a bit over protective of me. She doesn't' want to see something bad happen to me is all. There are many other days for you and I to hang out together. We've got all summer to hang around each other," Angel said.

"Yeah, and if Stephanie has her way, she would make it so that you and I would never get a chance to hang out together. Trust me, she's that spiteful to go and do something like that; only because she thinks that I'm crazy and that I could snap at any given moment. A snowball would have a chance in hell before Stephanie bogs saw any good in me," Tate said.

Angel got up from the bed, standing still next to it to make sure she didn't fall backwards onto it. Once she felt she was fine, Angel replied back. "All you have to do is talk to Stephanie and show her that you are not the bad person that she makes you out to be." Angel walked to the door leaving Tate alone in his room to think about what she had suggested him to do. The only question that runs through my mind now is, am I capable enough to try and be civil with Stephanie Boggs? Because the moment I go to say something to her, she's always coming back with some smart remarks, making me feel like an ass, Tate thought to himself.

Larry walked into Tate's room spotting Tate standing there lost in thought. "Hey champ, you look pretty lost in your thoughts. Want to share them with me?"

Tate snapped out of his thoughts, glaring at Larry. "What the fuck do you want you old scumbag? Don't you have something better to do, like I don't know go and fuck the whore, Constance? I'm sure she would like to have a child with you. Oh wait, she might find another man to sleep with, so she can talk him into suffocating the child you have with her, while they sleep in their bed. I mean she's already done it once before. What makes you think that she won't do it again? Why don't you just go away? I don't want to talk to you about shit."

"Eventually you will grow to like me. Because what your mother and I have is something special. Nothing is going to come between us," Larry said.

"Keep telling yourself that. I can tell you right now that, Constance is only using you to help her with this house. Nothing more. Constance wouldn't know the feeling of love, even if it bit her in the ass. But if you want to keep telling yourself the same lie that Constance truly wants to be with you, because it helps you sleep at night, then go right ahead. Nobody will tell you different. Though those around you know it's all a lie. Now get out of my room and leave me alone you scumbag," Tate snapped at Larry before pushing him out of the room, slamming the door shut.