Chapter 15

Violet and Vivien walked into the house with the puppy in Vivien's arms, leaving Ben to carry everything that the new puppy needed into the house.

"So, you forgot that Ben is responsible for you losing the baby? You're going to allow him to get away with it, by accepting the puppy and acting like nothing happened," Violet asked while losing her cool with how her mother was acting like nothing happened.

"Violet, just because your father purchased a puppy for me, that doesn't mean that everything is fine between us. I'm not going to let your father off the hook for what he had done. I don't think that I will ever be able to forgive him for his sick actions," Vivien said while turning to glare at Ben.

Ben let out a sigh before speaking up. "Look, I understand that my actions were terrible. But I'm willing to do whatever it takes to make it up to you. If you want, I can leave the university. I can start working from home. I just need to find a place in the house to turn into my in-home office, that way I can allow patients to come here for their therapy sessions.

"You do that. I'm going to give you plenty of space. Because I'm taking Violet and the dog. We're going to spend a bit of time with my parents, that way I can clear my head and figure out my next move," Vivien said.

"You don't have to do that. We can sell the house. We can put all of the bad memories behind us; we can start over new. I can look around for a nice home that would suit all of our needs," Ben begged hoping that Vivien would give him a chance.

"That sounds like it's going to cost us money that we don't have. How can we afford to purchase a house that will fit all of our needs? Not to mention do you really think that it is a wise idea to purchase a new house? Because things between you and I are not the best," Vivien said.

"Allow me this chance to look around and make things right. It will be good for all of us to get a fresh start. We can sell this house and put all of the bad memories behind us," Ben said.

"You can't be considering this. Mom, think about this. You even said it yourself. We possibly can't afford a new place. I doubt Ben fully thought this through,' Violet said.

"Violet, I know that you are not happy with your father, but we should see what he comes up with. But if it's something that he can't pull off, then we will have our bags ready to head to your grandparent's house," Vivien said.

Violet nodded her head before making her way to her bedroom to pack her backs.

Once Violet was out of the room, Vivien turned her attention back to Ben. "I hope for your sake that you manage to pull something together. Because I won't keep hurting my daughter. Just to make you happy, I will go through with this foolish plan of yours. But know this, I'm only doing this because I only want to do what is right by Violet. So, if this doesn't work out, we are leaving you to your home that you choose to move us too."

"Don't worry. I will make everything right," Ben said before making his way to the kitchen where his laptop was set up as his office during morning hours.

Ben was searching for cheap homes for sale, when one caught his eye. Clicking on the picture of the house, Ben started to read the description. This is the one. I have to contact this real estate agent and see if this house is still available, Ben thought to himself while picking up the phone dialing the number listed in the description.

"Cali real estate, this is Marcy speaking. How may I help you today," Marcy answered.

"Hi. My name is Ben Harmon," Ben said.

"Hello Mr. Harmon. What can I do for you today," Marcy asked.

"I'm calling about the house that has been on the market for quite some time now," Ben said.