Chapter 23

The next day Ben was sitting in his office getting ready for his therapy session with Tate and his girlfriend. Ben was about to finish when suddenly his phone began to ring. Ben rushed over to his phone to answer it, thinking it was another client looking to set up an appointment with him. "Hell Dr. Harmon speaking. What can I do for you?"

"Ben, it's me Hayden. Hayden McClaire. You know the student from all your lectures that you used to have an affair with before you moved away," Hayden said.

"Hayden what do you want? I thought I made it clear to you that I was done with you and that I wanted to focus on my marriage," Ben said.

"Well if you think that you are leaving me to take care of our baby alone, then you are sadly mistaken," Hayden said.

"Our baby? Hayden, you aren't pregnant with my child. It's only a clever little lie that you have come up with," Ben was quick to be cut off.

"I went to the doctors and how a blood test done after taking a pregnancy test. But if you don't want to believe me, then maybe I should speak to Vivien about it. Wonder how she would feel about your daughter having a half sibling," Hayden said.

"Don't say anything to Vivien. I will come back, and we can discuss this," Ben tried to reason.

"No. I don't want you to fly all the way out here to tell me to get an abortion, just so you can return back to Vivien and leave me with nothing. This baby that I'm carrying was created out of love. I want you to be part of our lives. I know that you're not happy being married to Vivien. All you have to do is leave her behind and come back to me. Everything will be perfect. As for what happens to Vivien, she and sort through all of her damn problems on her own. Didn't she want a divorce from you anyway," Hayden tried to reason.

"Hayden, stop. What you heard Vivien say that night, it was all out of anger. She was angry, she was upset. She didn't know what in the world she was saying honestly. But you know exactly what you are doing right now. I can't allow you to try and break my family apart," Ben said unaware that both Tate and Angel were standing in his office listening in on his conversation.

"I won't allow you to throw our baby and I away like we are nothing. You will see. You will be with our baby and I living the perfect family life," Hayden screamed through the phone.

Angel rolled her eyes having heard enough, walked over to where Ben was standing, snatching the phone out of his hand. "Hi, Hayden? Yeah, I'm going to give you some helpful friendly advice. Get your own damn man to help you raise your unborn child, you useless piece of shit. Ben is happy with me now. He doesn't even spare you a second thought."

"What?!? Who the hell are you?!? Put Ben back on the phone! This conversation doesn't concern you," Hayden snapped on Angel, which caused Angel to roll her eyes again.

Ben went to step forward to take the phone back from Angel but was stopped by Tate. Tate only shook his head while Angel took care of Hayden.

"Look I don't care what the hell you want. You are now Ben's past. He left you behind the moment you moved away from you. Why can't you just accept that? You are no longer anything special to him. And I'm now done with this conversation with you. I'm going to put my energy towards something much more productive now...like showing Ben how a real woman can pleasure him in the ways that you don't know how," Angel said before hanging up and turning Ben's phone off, before handing it to him. "You're welcome."

"First of all what are you doing here? Tate said he was bringing his girlfriend with him to his session. Secondly why the hell did you go and say all of that to Hayden? Do you have any idea what she will do now? Hayden will now contact Viven and tell her about the baby that she's carrying," Ben freaked out.