Chapter I

Rupert Price drove forward, one hand on the wheel of a government jeep and the other on the trigger of an assault rifle. He was on a mission to rescue those captured by the Toppat Clan and being held in their Airship, a task so grueling and dangerous that only he had agreed to do it...

"Check check, this is Charles!"

... he and Charles. Rupert gritted his teeth and answered the radio. "Price here. Over."

     Charles Calvin was a helicopter pilot, and, in Rupert's opinion, the biggest idiot on the face of the Earth. Charles was always energetic and happy, a quality that annoyed Rupert to the bottom of his heart.

     Rupert sighed. His heart was the only reason he had agreed to this. One of the people captured was Dave Panpa, an introverted security guard that had completely won over Rupert's heart, whether intentional or not. Charles had agreed to come because he had sensed how much Dave meant to him from the first time he'd seen them together(and he'd set them up on a blind date because he could tell neither of them were brave enough to ask), and, believing that love conquers all, joined Rupert on an expedition that he would have much rather done solo, without a big-eyed idiot flying over him.

"Oh good! You're still there! You were really quiet. Thought I'd lost you, eheh!" Rupert rolled his eyes.

"Get to the point, Calvin." His deep voice penetrated Charles' babbling.

"Oh, yeah! Good news, Rupert! The airship is in sight!"