Chapter XII

Rupert clutched Dave's hand as they sprinted down the hall, Dave almost flying through the air. They turned abruptly right before reaching the brig.

     "Where are we going?" Dave asked, panicked and confused.

     "We need to find Henry. But before that, we need weapons." He barged through a door labeled 'Communications'. As they entered, they saw Burt and Sven tied together on the floor, Burt unconscious and Sven struggling to escape. Sven gasped as he noticed Rupert.

    "Ni två?!" he gasped.

     "Please don't hurt him..." he suddenly whimpered, moving his nearly immobile hand to attempt to shield Burt.

     "We won't hurt either of you if you tell us where the guns are."

     "W-what?!"

     "I will get you a bloody pardon with the government if you tell me where the guns are!" Rupert shouted, inflicting fear into Sven's already terror-filled eyes.

     "There's a few in the filing cabinet. On the bottom." Rupert opened the drawer, and after moving some cartoony sketches of cats, found two small pistols and some ammunition. He tossed one at Dave.

     "B-b-but Rupert-"

     "You got this, Dave!" Rupert stood and headed towards the door, putting one hand on Dave's shoulder.

     "We'll be back for you two." He gestured at Sven, making him flinch. Rupert tugged Dave through the door, and started heading left.

     "Where are we going now?"

     "Cockpit. If Henry's not there, I'll at least get too shoot Reginald's disgusting face." he said, half laughing. They reached the doors to the cockpit, large double doors at the very front of the Airship.

     Rupert loaded his pistol and pushed the doors wide open, but, to both their surprise, only three Toppats were standing there - Reginald at the wheel, Henry right next to him, and the Right Hand Man pacing near the door. Right looked up at the sound of the door and furrowed his eyebrows.

     "The bally 'ell..." he whispered. He suddenly shouted, "Oi, 'enry! Some prisoners are in 'ere!"

     Reginald and Henry turned around. Reginald's face was full of fear and confusion, while Henry's was pure anger.

     "How the f- How have they not killed them already?!?" Henry growled, starting towards Rupert and Dave. Rupert shoved Dave behind him as he pulled out his gun. Henry laughed.

     "Two can play at that game!" He pulled out his own pistol, the same shiny, deep grey and pitch black one that had killed Charles, and who knows how many other poor souls before him.

     Before he got a chance to do anything with it, Dave ran out in front of him, grabbing Henry's gun and throwing it at the large window with all his might. Henry dashed towards the window, but he was too late.

     Surprisingly, it broke through the glass and fell out of sight. All five of them stared out the window.

     Henry suddenly whipped his head back towards Dave, enraged.

     "You little s***! You're going to pay for that!" he screeched, storming towards him.

      Dave quivered with fear, frozen in place as Henry drew nearer...