1.16 gossip and garden flute performances

February 1992 - Nessa

I was abruptly woken up in the morning by an overexcited Pansy Parkinson, she was pushing on my side and shaking me vigorously, "Wake up! Wake up!"

"What? What is it Pans?" I pushed her away as I slowly opened my eyes, squinting in the light.

"Really? Maybe you should be the one telling us?" Daphne piped up from her bed, "It's all anyone in our  year has been talking about since it happened."

"Daphne, what are you talking about?" the girls can be great fun and lovely sometimes but merlin, they confuse me.

"Oh my god Nessaaa. You and Romeo??" Pansy dropped onto my bed, "You guys are dating now aren't you?"

"Well yeah but why is everyone still talking about it." It had only been a couple of days since we got together, I didn't realise people were still taking about it. Lukas, of all people, actually dealt with it quite well. He had glared at Rome a lot but he said  he was happy.

"Because I found out how it happened this morning, apparently Theo was in the room when everything played out. He told me all the details," Pansy said "and damn, I didn't think you had it in you to be so forward. Sounded like it was a good kiss."

"It was just a peck on the lips, no biggie." I shrugged

"Yeah cuz every peck involves tie grabbing and playing with hair." Daphne answered sarcastically,

"I wish!" Pansy exclaimed "From what Theo said, Draco looked like he was about to tear Romeo apart."

"Nah Theo's probably making it up, Malfoy and I were just arguing beforehand and he hates me so was probably glaring at me."

"If you say so." Pansy grinned as she passed me my glasses. I put them on and jumped out of bed,  heading towards the  bathroom to get ready.

---------------------------

Hermione, Romeo and I were sat in the library studying for tomorrow's exams. It was extremely quiet and almost unnerving, I didn't like silence. Hermione was scribbling words onto her parchment while Romeo was scanning the pages of a transfiguration book. I had given up writing about an hour ago when I got distracted by a piece of dust floating in the air, it really is amazing how I can find that interesting now but if I did that normally, I'd be bored within seconds.
"I  can't do this anymore, it's painful." Romeo gave up, slamming his book shut, "I care more about my sanity than grades."

"You really should keep trying Romeo, school is the most important thing ever, it defines our futures!" Hermione tells him,

"I'll take my chances, a first year mock o.w.l doesn't matter that much Granger." Hermione looked as if she was about to faint.  "I'm gonna have to nap for a few years to fix my eyes after all that reading, I'll see you later Nessie." he climbed out of his seat and kissed my forehead,

"See ya."
I turned to watch him leave and saw 2 figures running towards him in the doorway. One with ginger hair, one with raven black. They bumped into his shoulder as they ran to mine and Hermione's table, "We're not late, we're not!" Ron told us,

"You're 2 hours late Ronald." Hermione looked up from her book unamused, she raises her brow at them,

"sorry.." Harry mumbled, he turned to face me, "Ness, hey, we have stuff to tell you. It's about what happened in detention."

I frowned, "go on."

"The thing we saw in the forest, that was you know who," he began 

"wait what, but he's dead?"