Chapter 5

I know that I'm not that important to you
But to me, girl, you're so much more than gorgeous
So much more than perfect
Right now I know that I'm not really worth it
If you give me time, I could work on it

"Hey! Malfoy wait up!" I called after Draco as I was sprinting after him after potions class.

"Oh don't you start calling me by my surname too. Or have you decided you'd rather hang out with the Griffiondors?" Draco retorted.

"Why are you being like this? Why does it have to be one or the other? Why are you pushing me away after last night? You were so nice and so welcoming. What the hell is going on with you?" I asked loudly. my eyes almost filling up with tears.

"Astronomy tower, now." Draco instructed. 

I nodded and followed him back up there, but I could feel people, and even some of the portraits, keep a close eye on me. I know I wasn't really being honest with him at the moment with who I am and my father, but I knew I had to be cautious around that. And that didn't mean I deserved to be shut out by him either.

"Whatever happened last night, or what you think happened, can only be between you and me at the moment." He declared. "Potter doesn't like it and usually I don't care about him and his emotions but I know you do. And it's got to be one or the other because me and him don't let along.." He began.

"Yeah, you mentioned that." I rolled my eyes.

"Listen, Ana. If we're going to be friends, it has to be on the down low. If people find out, they won't only come after me, but after you too. Do you understand?" He asked, staring at me straight in the eyes.

"What people? Draco, I hardly believe that Harry is going to duel you just because you're hanging out with me. Admittedly I think you both are being a bit dramatic about this, but-"

I was immedately cut off.

"Maybe I spoke a little too much.. But I want to just be myself around you, Ana. I'm just a little..."

"Secretive?" I asked, remembering Hermione's words.

"That would be a word to describe me. I was going to say I also have some sort of reputation to uphold. If Crabbe, Goyle. Blaise or even Pansy saw me going soft, they'd tease me relentlessly for it, you know?" He assumed.

"Oh, so is that what this is about? You looking like you actually have emotions in front of your friends? Why does this have to be some big thing? You're human, you have emotions. Big deal, you don;t have to bottle them up and if your friends tease you for it.." I growled.

Why did he care about his repuation more? And why was I getting ticked off so easily about it, I had only known him for a few days after all.

"I knew you wouldn't understand." He sighed. "Maybe this isn't for us. Maybe me and you aren't meant to be friends, Baeur, go find Granger or someone. This won't work out for plenty of reasons." 

"Why? Why can't I be friends with them like they are?" I yelled.

"Because you're different than them! I know for a fact you actually have a heart and you wouldn't tease and bully people like me and them do. You're a kind hearted Slytherin and there's not many of you around. Because you genuinely care more about me than they do and yet you've only known me for a short amount of time and they've known me forever." He bellowed.

That had made me go silent. I stepped closer towards him, both of us inches away from each other. Kind of to see what would happen if I did, and another because I didn't know whether to kiss or slap him.

"Draco..I-" I began

"You don't need to explain yourself, Ana. I know you wouldn't hurt me, and they mean well most of the time. But there's something different about you. I don't know what it is. But when I saw Blaise tease you yesterday I wanted to punch him. And I've never wanted to do that to one of my friends before. You make this hard for me." Draco sighed, running a hand through my hair and along my cheek.

I couldn't help but feel myself blush. "No.. no it's my fault, I tripped and I fell.."

"You silly girl." He whispered.