𝐇𝐎𝐌𝐄 𝐈𝐍𝐕𝐀𝐒𝐈𝐎𝐍

"hide and seek

"hide and seek. i'm in your house and you have to find me."

your heart dropped to your ass as soon as you heard that. your immediate instinct was to flee the house, more specifically to jump out the window. it would've been a nasty jump but at least you would've been out the danger zone.

you followed through with your instincts and quietly tried to jump out the window. you silently slid the window up and sneakily dragged your body out. as you were feeling a wave of accomplishment over you, you heard a voice speak on the other line.

"aht aht, if you leave this house, i'll fucking kill you. i suggest you stay and find me." he spoke darkly. you wanted to cry and throw a tantrum but you didn't, you had no other choice but oblige to his demands.

you shakily went back into your room and debated whether or not you should stay there, you didn't leave the house so what's the harm in it? deep down, you had a feeling that if you didn't go find him, he sure as hell was going to find you and you didn't want that.

you slowly made your way to your room door and opened it slowly. your right hand still held your phone to your ear while your left one opened the door with unsteadiness all over it.

you slowly walked out your room as the floor made a loud creaking sound with every step you took. you heard the man chuckle on the phone, signifying that he must've heard you come out the room. in reality, he didn't expect you to actually listen to him but he was more intrigued than ever.

your body was still shaking unsteadily as you carefully made your way downstairs— making sure to check the area around you. you didn't like this, you didn't like it one bit but you weren't about to play with your life about this, you wanted to be strong enough to survive.

you reached the bottom stairs and you were now in the living room area looking around the perimeter. it was fairly dim so you couldn't make out anything but you could see the shape of things and nothing looked out of place. you were beginning to think this was a joke and walk back upstairs but just then your body froze.

there were footsteps. they sounded extremely close and they were coming from behind you. you couldn't turn around, you were stiff, you just had to accept fate. a cold blade was places to your neck as well as a gloved hand. the hand pushed your chin up so you could see the culprit. tears were falling from your face as you looked up at the killer. he wore a mask on his face. it was white and what appeared to be a screaming ghost.

the man took his gloved hand and wiped your tears as he looked down at you. your were scared out of your mind but you couldn't physically do anything, your body was still frozen.

"you're so fucking pretty when you cry." the man spoke out. tears still streamed down your face as you looked at the mask-faced killer. you'd never admit it but, the words made your heart flutter a bit but fear consumed everything.