Ep. 17 - The Selfish Game

Voting ends the 14th of November! Enjoy the episode :)

Tennis Ball was sitting alone, next to a tree, looking at the clouds. It was his favorite pastime, he'd been fascinated by clouds since what seems like forever ago. Usually, he'd be accompanied by someone else, but this was one of those days.

But he wouldn't go unaccompanied for too long since Basketball, who was walking towards the Cake at Stake ceremony, spotted him.

"Hey!" Basketball greeted him as she walked by.

"...Oh, hi" Tennis Ball responded.

Basketball glanced at Tennis Ball for a bit longer, "...Is everything okay?"

Tennis Ball paused for a second, "...I don't know"

Basketball frowned before sitting next to him, "What's the issue?"

"Golf Ball told me to meet her the night after the challenge..." Tennis Ball began explaining, "...But, by the time I got to her factory, the person that replied the door to me was Pillow! She said that she was busy with something... I don't know anymore..."

Basketball raised an eyebrow, "And that is bad because..."

"Golf Ball always hangs around with Pillow nowadays! There's never time for me! Besides, Why would she ask me to meet up with her if she had other plans already?" Tennis Ball replied.

Basketball chuckled, "Heh, Looks like someone's a bit jealous!"

"Huh?" Tennis Ball asked, "No way! And I already said Golf Ball TOLD ME to meet up with her! She broke her promise!"

"Yeah, I'm just messing with you!" Basketball admitted, "However, sometimes friendships just... drift apart, you know?"

"Decade-old friendships?" Tennis Ball asked.

"Well..." Basketball thought about it for a second, "...Maybe?" she suggested, Tennis Ball frowned.

"Hey! Hold on!" Basketball continued, "There's probably a catalyst for all of this!"

"It's probably that stupid confession I made all that time ago..." Tennis Ball lamented, looking down at the ground.

"Well, How do you guys feel around each other since then?" Basketball asked.

Tennis Ball sighed, "Sometimes we're doing great... sometimes we have really rough moments... It's been really rocky... I'm a bit scared" he confessed.

"Hi Tennis Ball!" Pillow waved at her as she walked next to the tree, towards Golf Ball's factory.

"SHUT UP PILLOW!" Tennis Ball shouted at her before realizing what he just did, Basketball looked terrified by the scream.

"...Sorry?" Pillow was thrown off by the sudden rage, Tennis Ball did not respond.

"...Oh! I think I know what's going on!" Pillow exclaimed.

"Y- You do?" Tennis Ball questioned, a bit flustered.

"Yes! I do!" Pillow crossed her arms, "You... Are very scared to play against me in the RPW finale tomorrow!" she theorized.

Tennis Ball quickly changed his expression with one of confusion, "...What?"

"Yeah! You wouldn't be able to handle the challenge! I'll be the champion and there's nothing you can do about it! Mwahahahah!" Pillow laughed as if she were an evil villain. "...Well, bye!" Pillow continued to walk towards the factory.

"...I mean" Basketball began speaking, "That diagnosis was... Somewhat accurate!"

"...It really wasn't ...But that tournament was a bit weird" Tennis Ball continued, "I was supposed to play against Golf Ball, but I heard she was disqualified, so I got directly to the finals... But why?"