Celebrations

Isabella POV

The wedding festivities were in full swing. Everybody seems to have forgotten their differences and was celebrating the union of Michael and Neha. The entire wedding was scheduled only for three days so, the day after I arrived, there was the haldi ceremony. I wore a yellow-colored cotton salwar-kameez. I had an entire bowl of haldi paste and the bowl was huge. After everybody applied, I dumped the bowl of haldi on Michael and ran after my life. He caught me and smeared haldi on me. Soon, it turned into a cat and mouse fight between the two of us and the fight died after our parents interfered.

Rubbing off the Haldi from me, I was going to change when somebody familiar held my wrist and dragged me to another room. "Are you still mad at me?" Jay whispered huskily. I looked him in the eye and said, "No. Are you?"  I asked and he nodded no. I was so lost in his eyes, I didn't realize him was almost about to kiss me. Rubbing his lips on mine, "You know, you look dashing in this dress. I wonder how you look beneath it". I was aroused and ready to take him there. He bit near my earlobe and a traitorous moan escaped. "I love how you moan my name like a prayer" saying that he picked me up towards the bathroom and turned on the shower.

What happened next left me needing him. That devil left me alone in the shower with a smirk saying, "How was the tease?". That devil! I will kill him! I took a shower and changed into new clothes for the Mehendi and sangeet. It was a simple affair where henna was applied on the bride's hands by her to be mother-in-law. My mother knew this day had to come so had been practising one design for months. In tamil culture, there is no Mehendi ceremony and stuff. My mother was doing her best to not spoil anything. Poor her! But the design turned out well and the bride's family was impressed. My mom on the other hand, called me to the side and said, "Marry that Jay. At least there won't be too many rituals" Ugh! Really?

Amidst the ceremonies, I noticed Neha leaving for the restroom almost every hour. Poor her! Must be nervous enough to use the restroom! We decided to have the bachelorette party on the night of the sangeet. So, Neha, Manasa, Neha's PA/Best friend, Nikita and myself had a simple party in Neha's place. We played truth or dare, drank, played truth or dare and drank a lot. But Neha didn't drink. Strange. "Bella, truth or dare?" Nikita slurred. "Dare" I said. 

"Call that hunk of your boyfriend here and take him in of the rooms here" 

Oh no. They don't know we are avoiding each other. That's when I got a phone call from Michael.  

"Sia?" and my heart almost stopped beating. Nobody called me that ever since Laya died.

"Oye, Sia. Listen if you don't wanna marry me it's ok. Don't leave me like Sou.... blech!" I heard Jay puking in the other end and I cut the call. "Jay's wasted, sorry girls," I said and left the room immediately. I love you so much. I can't leave you but if marriage is written in our destiny, I am willing to accept it happily, I thought to myself and crashed into one of the rooms. 

The next morning, I woke up early because we had to perform the rituals needed for the Marathi-style wedding. Starting from the Ganpat Puja to Grihaprivesh all the rituals were done and the first tradition was done. We were supposed to have the Christian wedding tomorrow along with the reception.

As per strict orders, the wedding night was not supposed to happen till they were done marrying in both traditions. Poor Michael! That guy has been waiting to devour Neha since the wedding preparations began but never got the chance to do so. But I did catch them red-handed making out a few times. I also noticed the other times but cut them some slack.

________________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys! Please vote, share and comment on this update! I couldn't give details of the wedding because I didn't want to get the details of a Marathi wedding wrong. I just gave a summary of what I wanted to convey.

Also, the book is nearing its end so few more chapters, and the journey of Bella and Ajay ends. I would like to thank you all for your support in the chapters so far and for the upcoming chapters too!