Sparring Match

A/n: g'day, this chapter will be a bit short, but I hope you enjoy it all the same! It's mostly explanations and me trying to write a fight scene. Let me know what you think!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Your pov] [The next day]

My "master" seems rather excited today, does going to this school excite her that much?

Weiss: 'Hurry up and get ready!' She yelled at me... how rude.

Y/n: 'I am a spirit. . . What do you think I own exactly?' noticing her frustration, I grin.

Weiss: 'You know what I mean!' She folds her arms, clearly annoyed. 

Y/n: 'I am your familiar, not your butler. Get them to do it~' I yawn, preparing to go back to sleep.

Weiss: 'What kind of spirit are you anyway? I have read about them in books and whether they exist, but I have never heard of a "contract spirit" why is that?' 

Y/n: 'Does it really matter?' 

Weiss: 'Yes, it does.' Her voice had become more gentle, almost soothing. 

Y/n: 'I am a "familiar" by technicality. I doubt I have an animal form or anything like that, but I am bound to the element of cold. I can create and control ice or snow, or I can change the temperature of the air.' 

Weiss: 'I have seen what you're capable of. Why do you insist on living a lazy life?' 

Y/n: 'Fame, fortune and glory mean nothing to me.' She looked at me, puzzled for a few moments.

Weiss: 'Then what does?' Of course, she asks the most annoying question.

Y/n: 'It doesn't matter, I am sure we have to leave by now.' I smile and gesture towards the door as Weiss, freaking out, runs toward the transport.

I was wondering the answer to her question when she spoke up. 

Weiss: 'Are you sure you're okay with this?' 

Y/n: 'I am being dragged here no matter what I am okay with, so yes. Perfectly fine.' I roll my eye's, trying to make my sarcasm as evident as possible as I stood up to look out the window.

There was a significant, awkward silence.

Weiss: 'How about a sparring match?' She said, getting up.

Y/n: 'No.' Not being bothered, I decline her request.

Weiss: 'Please! I imagine you would have lot's to teach me!' She kept insisting. . . I enjoy when she gets this excited.

Y/n: 'Alright, fine.'

We stand opposite each other. Feeling somewhat confident, I draw my blade and lower it, almost inviting an attack against me.

Y/n: 'C'mon princess, we don't have all day.' I yawned.

A glyph appears under Weiss, and she dashes toward me, attempting to strike. I lifted my blade to block, but as I did, she twisted her body, changing her direction mid rush. I saw her to my left jumping off a glyph toward me. Using my magic, I constructed a wall of ice to guard me.

Weiss: 'Not so confident now, are you?' She asked in a mocking tone.

Y/n: 'Oh? Someone is getting a bit ahead of themselves. Fine, I won't even use my magic.' 

She infused her weapon with fire dust and destroyed the wall. Why is she trying so hard? 

Y/n: 'Does the little princess think she can put me in my place?' I grin.