S I X T E E N

ANA

"DANIA!"

His voice boomed and I wince. The pain is still there and I try my best to not look at it. I can feel my arm is slick with blood. He scooped me in his arms and jog to the med-bay, although I try to protest remembering about his back, which I still haven't taken a look at, and I don't think I will, ever.

If I take a peek, I know I will faint, and have nightmares for the rest of my life.

By the look on his face, and the rush of his foot bringing me to see Dania, I think he will have nightmares too.

"Oh, God!" Dania appears and pales as soon as she sees me. "Wait, why? How?" She asks she walks us to the nearest bed.

"Just patch her first! She hasn't stopped bleeding." He says with his teeth clenching.

"Oh, honey, Noir, how could this happen?" Dania moves around and grabs a few bottles and supplies. "I need to numb your arm so I can stitch it, okay?" She tells me gently.

I nod and look away as she injects me with what I assume is something that will stop the pain.

"Look at me," Suddenly he grabs my chin harshly, painfully. "What you did, was totally unacceptable, that shit was dangerous, and I want you to promise me, to never do such a stupid thing like that ever again, understood?!"

"Malcolm!" Dania scolds him. "Right now she is in pain!"

Malcolm? His name is Malcolm.

Malcolm ignores Dania and keeps staring straight into my eyes with visible fury. "Promise me!" He almost shouted making me jump slightly.

"Seriously?! Out. Right now! I don't need you to stress her more."

I grip the fingers that have me by the chin, then I realize, his arm is shaking. I look down at him and see his whole body is shaking. I look back to him and see something I never thought I would see in him.

Fear.

Why?

I lift my right hand and place my palm flat on his naked chest, the absence of his heartbeat is still there, but the left pectoral, which is completely replaced by a robust metal piece, is warm on my skin.

I promise.

I traced on his skin.

As soon as I finished, he grabbed the back of my head and put his forehead on mine. I hold my breath at the unexpected closeness. Although I'm scared of him, tracing answers on his skin doesn't bring fear to me anymore, but this... this is completely different than putting the tip of my forefinger on his skin, this is very close, this is very... intimate.

My heartbeat picks up its pace as I feel the harsh breathes he lets out. I can see that he has his eye closed and the hand on the back of my head still shakes slightly. It takes a while for him to calm down and for his body to stop shaking and being tense.

"It's done," I can hear Dania's voice whisper to us.

I have forgotten about her.

I move away from him and look at my now bandaged arm. It still feels numb, and I can feel that my body is starting to repair itself.

"Let me see your wounds," Dania speaks again now to Malcolm.

"No need," He says, straightening his spine and looking down at me.

"Absolutely, yes. You were whipped with laser and your back doesn't make out of titanium, completely." Dania insisted.

I wince as I remember that he was whipped.