Slave

[Edd]

Here I am.  Got a message wanting me to meet a guy up in this new place, a storage unit surprisingly.  I was only given a description of the guy but not his name.  Black haired guy who likes sunglasses and flannel.  Seems like a random hipster to me.

I walk up to the place and I'm greeted by the guy.

"Hi Edd.  Name's Quinton, saying it now to move things along."

"Alright?"

"Heh, get in."

I walk inside, Quinton closes the unit's door.  I make sure my gun is loaded just in case.  The place is filled with papers, guns, and even clothes.  This looks like somewhere I might spend a lot of time at if this works out.

Quinton says "So, you're the one who killed Peter."

"Checkers."  I respond with.

"The Checkers name has been passed on to a new recruit.  I'm gonna call him by his real name.  So what happened that made you kill Peter?"

"Most of it is private information.  Lost all my money to him.  That's all I can say."

I can't give up too much information, it's vital to my safety.

"Edd, as you know the organization you worked for has now split into two and as one of the two sides, I want you to join mine."

"I assume you support the killing of Checkers or Peter."

"Of course, you don't just take over someone's life.  It's terrible.  I wouldn't want to experience it."

I'm liking this Quinton.  He's speaking to me and making sense.  I might just take this opportunity.  In fact.

I say "I'm joining then."

"Hah, brilliant!  You're gonna love it."  Quinton said.

"I hope I do."

I'm about to get up and leave.  Just need to ask for contact information.

"How can I contact you?"

"Why do you need to know right now?"

"I'm going to leave."

"No no, I need you to do something."

What would he want me to do right now?  I joined like seconds ago.  You can't gain trust that fast.  I like Quinton but he could shoot me any minute.

"What do you need me to do so fast?"  I question.

He hands me a photo.

"Kill him.  Do it quietly.  Hide the body.  Alright?"

"Mhm."

"Alright, we're good.  Here's the phone number."

Quinton hands me his phone number.

"Good luck on the killing."

"I was able to eliminate Peter."

"Heh, yeah."

I open the storage unit's door and leave.  Guess I'm on a mission.  Not entirely happy with who my target is but, my good life is calling.  I need to go back to my good life.  Even if I'm a slave to who knows how many people.  What was my life shall be mine once more.  No matter how much blood shed, how many betrayals, how many friendships ended, my good life calls.